Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI,

I hav been thinking about a C6Vette, but my last vette (1998) was so expensive to own that I thought I would consider something more practical and less expensive but with most if not all the performance. The GTO at first glance seems to meet those needs.

I went to a few POontiac dealers and heard:

"We dont have any, but we can get one for you - at full price, plus shipping/transfer fee"

Having been burned by paying full price for my C5 vette(minus a $500 discount from the dealer after I shopped around for two months) in 1998, I swore I would not do that again.

I test drove the GTO and believe it is a real performer - the 2005 version is really fast!

Local dealers wont give me any more than $1000 off MSRP - and that is iffy at best!

I will therefore not opt for the GTO - until they discount them by at least 15% (which is coincidentally the amopunt of $ you lose when you dirve it off the lot!

My option of a Corvette has not gone well either. Dealers will discount one they have in stock, which is loadd with options - i.e., $51,000 car is available for $49,500. I want a base model for 15% off MSRP. No takers so far.

I figure the GTO should sell for no more than $30,000 (including tax). I feel like the GTO is a $20K car with a $10K motor

·
Registered
30 Posts
Funkywinkerbean said:
FYI,

I hav been thinking about a C6Vette, but my last vette (1998) was so expensive to own that I thought I would consider something more practical and less expensive but with most if not all the performance. The GTO at first glance seems to meet those needs.

I went to a few POontiac dealers and heard:

"We dont have any, but we can get one for you - at full price, plus shipping/transfer fee"

Having been burned by paying full price for my C5 vette(minus a $500 discount from the dealer after I shopped around for two months) in 1998, I swore I would not do that again.

I test drove the GTO and believe it is a real performer - the 2005 version is really fast!

Local dealers wont give me any more than $1000 off MSRP - and that is iffy at best!

I will therefore not opt for the GTO - until they discount them by at least 15% (which is coincidentally the amopunt of $ you lose when you dirve it off the lot!

My option of a Corvette has not gone well either. Dealers will discount one they have in stock, which is loadd with options - i.e., $51,000 car is available for $49,500. I want a base model for 15% off MSRP. No takers so far.

I figure the GTO should sell for no more than $30,000 (including tax). I feel like the GTO is a $20K car with a $10K motor
I had a 2004 Vette convertable but traded it in for the GTO And I cannot be happier! It is more practical more fun and quicker. I paid full sticker for the GTO but got what I paid for the vette as a trade in. Got a great deal on the vette they were giving them away because the C6 was comming out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I shopped around quite a bit for my o5 gto. Some dealers didn't want to deal at all. I finally bought an automatic for $32307. Thats about $1990 off sticker.
I shopped about 8 dealerships before I found this deal. I bought this car on 33/22/05.

With no incentives and this early in the year, I don't think you will find one for under invoice.

Goto Pontiac.com, there is a search feature that will show almost up to date inventory on all pontiac dealers. Call the dealers that have what you want. You never get the best deal when you have a dealership locate you a car from another dealer.

Good luck in the hunting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.