Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Deck filler and weld in? Sorry but I'm not sure what you're referring to. There's a material called Hard Blok that is essentially a type of concrete. It's put in the block water jackets, usually only up to the level of the casting plugs. Supposedly it adds rigidity and strength to the block.

Can you provide more detail?

Bear

·
Registered
634 Posts
If you lay in the trunk with a good light, looking up into the panel area you will get an idea of whats in-store in as far as weld points.
Lots of spot weld to be removed. Lots of online videos with good tips.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
I am also close to installing my deck filler panel on my 67. When I removed the old one, there was a fiber mat underneath. I am assuming this is for insulation and to space between the panel and the underside structure.

I was able to remove it in one piece with very little damage and probably could reuse it.

I am wondering what others have done. Did you use a new Dynamat type product, reuse existing, find a replacement, or leave it out.

The original is pretty fragile and I am afraid it will start to deteriorate and fall through into the trunk. Needless to say, once I put this in, I won’t be able to change my mind.

The pad is about .10 inches thick, if that matters.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts