Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Decoding 70' GTO Trim Tag

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  gmjack 
#1 ·
I am considering a 70' GTO project and would like help decoding some of the info on the trim tag. I have attached a pic which hopefully you can read ok.
The 472B has me puzzled. Is the exterior code 47 Verdoro Green and the 2B an option or option group?
What do the following codes represent?
9B
CO8
Am I correct in assuming the M20 is in fact a close ratio 4 speed trans?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
i believe 2B would be black vinyl top, not sure what the third line options are. Love the big Made In Canada stamping. Best bet will be to contact PHS.com and see if they have the original build sheet on the canadian cars, that will tell you exactly what options it was born with.

#4 · (Edited)
OK, just edited my former post.

Found this on the internet. The "2B" may be for the top choice/upper body. Are you sure the "C08" is for the vinyl roof? According to the website, those numbers that follow the 9B are the "daily production sequence numbers", "manifest sequence numbers", or "broadcast sequence numbers" depending on which plant built the car.. The 9B is the build date which is 9=September, B=Second week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.