Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I'm not in a very good mood.:mad: A deer jumped out in front of me on my way back from the grocery store sunday evening. I was doing about 45-50 and barely had enough time to move my foot to the brake pedal before I hit it. The only thing that really saved me was the fact that it jumped down from a bank and was still crouched from the landing when I hit it, so it got sucked right underneath the car. So, I guess it could have been a lot worse. As it stands, I need a new valance, grills, valance and light supports, radiator support, driver side parking light bucket and driver side headlight hardware. I think I can get by with straightening out most of the light assy and the slight crease in the hood and I'm hoping the endura bumper is going to snap back (it doesn't appear to be broken anywhere). I have to yank the driver side fender back forward too so I can get the driver door open. Of course, maybe it's time to shake the Christmas tree for a complete fiberglass front end:D. Stupid deer.:shutme

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Well... I'm not in a very good mood.:mad: A deer jumped out in front of me on my way back from the grocery store sunday evening. I was doing about 45-50 and barely had enough time to move my foot to the brake pedal before I hit it. The only thing that really saved me was the fact that it jumped down from a bank and was still crouched from the landing when I hit it, so it got sucked right underneath the car. So, I guess it could have been a lot worse. As it stands, I need a new valance, grills, valance and light supports, radiator support, driver side parking light bucket and driver side headlight hardware. I think I can get by with straightening out most of the light assy and the slight crease in the hood and I'm hoping the endura bumper is going to snap back (it doesn't appear to be broken anywhere). I have to yank the driver side fender back forward too so I can get the driver door open. Of course, maybe it's time to shake the Christmas tree for a complete fiberglass front end:D. Stupid deer.:shutme
Oh man, that sux. With hunting season here they'll be more active. I pass Liverpool every time I head north. Santa Ames. :willy:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
A friend of mine was driving my '67 back in '92 with me in the passenger seat on the way home from a fishing trip, and we hit a deer. Going aboout 45. It was a small doe, and we hit it with the RF headlamp bezel and grille. Bent my grille mesh (which I bent back)...no other damage. Took out the deer. My late father hit a huge buck around the same era at 70mph in his 4runner....about 4k worth of damage...same deal, jumped from a bank. Dawn and dusk are the worst times...Good thing you didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I hit one with the GTO when it had about 2K on it. Fortunately, it was low in its gait (legs streched out front and rear) and the front of the hood caught it at the base of its chest. I was doing about 50 and the impact threw the doe (about 120 lbs) about 30 feet through the air to the shoulder on the opposite side of the road. I about stroked out but all it did was ruin the hood and crack one headlight. Lucky as hell. I hit one in an MG-TD back in 1963 and it came through the windscreen. Altogether, I've hit five of the critters over the years. I believe the hunting season should be longer.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Sux to hear about the damage. Can you tell us what year and model your car is? Maybe we can help you gather up some parts you might need.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I've been extremely busy the last two months or so. Finally getting pics up. Not really that bad. Just a lot of supports and little odds and ends for the driver's side light bucket (it's currently held in with safety wire). I can hammer a lot of it out, but I want to put a fiberglass front clip on it anyway. So, I guess now is as good a time as ever.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150322661405191&set=a.10150322659400191.578096.861600190

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150322661410191&set=a.10150322659400191.578096.861600190

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150322663260191&set=a.10150322659400191.578096.861600190

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Sorry, I've been extremely busy the last two months or so. Finally getting pics up. Not really that bad. Just a lot of supports and little odds and ends for the driver's side light bucket (it's currently held in with safety wire). I can hammer a lot of it out, but I want to put a fiberglass front clip on it anyway. So, I guess now is as good a time as ever.

Login | Facebook

Login | Facebook

Login | Facebook
Hello, Grundy? I need a new endura front not to mention some other work done................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts