Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
it gets rid of that dang 1-4 shift, so I think that it is. I was looking at them last night, it barely adds any power though for the LS1, but it makes up for it as being a scan tool and such.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you are looking to do tuning, I'm hearing great things about HP Tuners. I'm going to be doing a little more research into this product in a few weeks.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Purdone - I hope you post your research!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm happy with my HP Tuners, I just started playing with it today. Took away CAGS and set my speed limiter to 200mph. I have a manual, but there are a lot of neat mods you can do for the auto - all your shift points, torque management, etc.

If you already have a laptop (at least a 300mhz with 64+MB RAM) it's the way to go IF you want to customize it and play around versus pushing a few buttons. Had to pick up a serial to USB adapter for mine, most new laptops don't come with a 9pin anymore. No big deal - $12 mail order or $30 at CircuitCity.

·
Registered
159 Posts
LS1 Edit is the standard with tuning programs... the only downside is that you need to go to a tuner with a dyno and spend 500$... but it is the best, GTOs have been dynoing 330RWHP stock with just a tune :cheers

·
Registered
74 Posts
Xman said:
Purdone - I hope you post your research!
Of course I will. A friend of mine just bought the 04 GTO license for it. He has most of the years for LS1 F-Bodies as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts