Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently went to a drift event in chicago. i got there brochure, they state that they have a factory modified Ls1 engine with gm performance parts.
- CNC ported cylinder heads, PN 88958665
- Showroom stock" camshaft, PN 88958606
- 510 hp

i could not believe this :party: so i am calling REPS to see if GM says this will Void out our warranty. if not look out world :eek: .

can you see a factory car cranking 510hp with a warranty for under 40,000

·
Registered
937 Posts
Empaler said:
i recently went to a drift event in chicago. i got there brochure, they state that they have a factory modified Ls1 engine with gm performance parts.
- CNC ported cylinder heads, PN 88958665
- Showroom stock" camshaft, PN 88958606
- 510 hp

i could not believe this :party: so i am calling REPS to see if GM says this will Void out our warranty. if not look out world :eek: .

can you see a factory car cranking 510hp with a warranty for under 40,000
Thats it? 2 heads and a cam takes the LS1 from 350 to 510 ponies?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is what this brochure said . i do not know if they are lying to me, but i am looking right at it i see no other engine mods on here !!!!!!

i took it to the parts desk they pulled up the parts for me !!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking at the pics on the website link the Drift GTO also has Headers and a free flow air intake, so there are probably other mods not listed as well. None the less, that is a pretty stock looking motor for 510 HP. I would be happy to have it under the hood of my 04 Yellow Jacket,

Brooks.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
It's not "cams" it's cam....j/k, anyway the car has a GM performance cam, heads (we stock :D going on my car in 2 weeks..), cai, longtubes, cat back, tune, valvetrain upgrade, and various other mods. They are saying 510 CRANK hp which is around 430 rwhp. :cheers Seems doable......

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when i talked to the top mech in the open pits, he said the exhaust was open but custom everything was stock. The thing that he was talking about was that GM made this to show this car can hang with the big boys?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.