Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a cash buyer and the dealer I went to would not come down on his asking price of 33,180. It is for a BOM 6 speed. I really want that car but I can't believe he refused to come down. I hope I can find one where they will work with me, I mean I don't wanna get screwed. You guys are paying less right?

Jen :confused

·
Registered
850 Posts
GO-GTO! said:
I'm a cash buyer and the dealer I went to would not come down on his asking price of 33,180. It is for a BOM 6 speed. I really want that car but I can't believe he refused to come down. I hope I can find one where they will work with me, I mean I don't wanna get screwed. You guys are paying less right?

Jen :confused
Jen:

Definitely look around and try and get a better price! However, that color is hard to come by and the dealer knows that!

·
Registered
910 Posts
GOATGIRL said:
Can't you say anything positive?
Now now.....lets not get offended here. I'm not categorizing. Just forming an opinion. I know from experience from buying new cars how the dealers operate. If they can get what they ask, then God Bless 'em. But they'll never get it from me....not now, not ever.:rofl:

·
Registered
850 Posts
johnebgoode said:
Now now.....lets not get offended here. I'm not categorizing. Just forming an opinion. I know from experience from buying new cars how the dealers operate. If they can get what they ask, then God Bless 'em. But they'll never get it from me....not now, not ever.:rofl:
Unless you are in the car business then no, you really don't know...you may have an idea and you may know had to negotiate better then the average person (and good for you on that) and I understand you are trying to help, but so am I. I do feel you are generalizing car dealership in all being the same...we're not. There are some that are crooks but then there are dealerships that are like me...good, honest, with integrity. If I give some one advice in this forum, it's never bad advice and it comes from experience and from the heart. Please take it as such.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gee, didn't mean to start a fight. ;)

Ok, we located another one and they just got it off the trailer and will sell it to us for 31,960. He says his invoice is 31,760. Does that sound right or could this invoice be fabricated? I know I feel better at this price.

Thanks for all the input. :)

Jen

·
Registered
850 Posts
GO-GTO! said:
Gee, didn't mean to start a fight. ;)

Ok, we located another one and they just got it off the trailer and will sell it to us for 31,960. He says his invoice is 31,760. Does that sound right or could this invoice be fabricated? I know I feel better at this price.

Thanks for all the input. :)

Jen
That invoice sounds right Jen....

We all just are trying to help you hon!!!:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks GOATGIRL, we are gonna pick this one up tomorrow. He said it would be washed with a full tank of gas when we get there.:cool

Woo Hoo we got a goat!:party:

Everythig just feels better with this deal. I'm glad we didn't go with the other one.

·
Registered
850 Posts
GO-GTO! said:
Thanks GOATGIRL, we are gonna pick this one up tomorrow. He said it would be washed with a full tank of gas when we get there.:cool

Woo Hoo we got a goat!:party:

Everythig just feels better with this deal. I'm glad we didn't go with the other one.
Glad you're happy! Welcome to the herd!!!!:party:

·
Registered
910 Posts
GOATGIRL said:
Unless you are in the car business then no, you really don't know...you may have an idea and you may know had to negotiate better then the average person (and good for you on that) and I understand you are trying to help, but so am I. I do feel you are generalizing car dealership in all being the same...we're not. There are some that are crooks but then there are dealerships that are like me...good, honest, with integrity. If I give some one advice in this forum, it's never bad advice and it comes from experience and from the heart. Please take it as such.
My apologies then if you feel my post was inappropriate. Didn't mean to generalize car dealerships. (I am a horror to deal with when buying a new car). Sales people usually cant wait till I leave......:lol: But then again I did pay 28K for mine in October.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
johnebgoode said:
My apologies then if you feel my post was inappropriate. Didn't mean to generalize car dealerships. (I am a horror to deal with when buying a new car). Sales people usually cant wait till I leave......:lol: But then again I did pay 28K for mine in October.
I look at the negotiating process as a game. The dealership wants as much as they can get for something they have; I want it for free :rofl: (only kidding) or for as little as I have to pay. I don't get mad, I just don't buy if the price isn't right.

I try to remember that if they don't make money, they won't be in business. I just want them to make most of their money off other people. :cool

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.