Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, I washed it, anyway. I'm currently at the beach and couldn't stand the thought of all that sand and salt on it. When I get home at the end of the week it will be getting a detailed washing and a coat of NXT.

·
Registered
23 Posts
GTO judge said:
Had mine Simonized.. Does not require waxing. I will on occasion use McGuire's cleaner.
I still have to get that done to mine and the inside. But it's not gonna see any wax today. It's raining here, it just stoped but it's still very wet out. Stickin wheater, can't wate to do my first wash/wax on the goat tomorrow though! :cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
05GTOM6 said:
I still have to get that done to mine and the inside. But it's not gonna see any wax today. It's raining here, it just stoped but it's still very wet out. Stickin wheater, can't wate to do my first wash/wax on the goat tomorrow though! :cheers
If you are going to have a paint protectant put on yours, I would not waste your time by putting put wax on it. Your dealer will only have to strip it off to apply the protectant. Once the protectant is applied, there will be no need to wax it. Waxing will not enhance the sheen of it, or protect it any better than the protectant is doing, and, waxing may seal any dirt not removed by washing into the pores of the surface creating a duller look. They recommend a cleaner. What the cleaner does is, cleans the surface without waxing in any dirt, while maintaining the sheen of the paint, and letting the high gloss show.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.