Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post so go easy on me, but I heard and that's why I'm asking is because I doubt it, but I heard a friend tell me that he read that if your GTO comes out of one plant as opposed to another there are different Horsepower ratings. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I believe all the modern GTOs come out of the same Holden plant in Australia. Not to mention they are using the same LS1 (2004 model)and LS2 engines (2005 model) that are used in that respective Corvette (and rated as the same HP as the Vette).
I don't know if the engines are assembled in Australia or are shipped whole there from North America.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
According to my window sticker, it states the engine and tranny is produced in USA. Car manufactured in Holden Australia, final assy in Elizabeth Australia. At any rate final destination >>> PA. Man are the young kids in their hondas, lancers, and subarus gawking at the goat. I have 1 of 2 GTO's in the area so its all new to them..... Ain't nothin better than goosin the gas and playing tail pipe music for them instead when I hear their coffee can mufflers twanging away. Could you imagine the carnage if these kids were behind the wheel of the GTOs? I'd hate to even price insurance for my 19 yr old for it. ouch....

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Drivetrain may very well be built in the US -- but everything's screwed together for the final time down under.

Don't believe there is more than one engine plant producing LS1s/LS2s.

The differing horsepower things sounds like a bit of an urban legend. If the blueprints are the same -- how could all the engines from one plant be different from another? Only if certain pieces were markedly different or came from different suppliers -- which isn't likely. That said, engines can have slight variances from one to another -- but plant to plant? Doubt it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.