Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
yellow04gto said:
i bought one....then immediately bought the banshee and aed podz.
that one on e-bay is flimsy. and tapes onto the top of the center stack.
theres your guided missle in a crash.........dahm...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yellow04gto said:
i bought one....then immediately bought the banshee and aed podz.
that one on e-bay is flimsy. and tapes onto the top of the center stack. the fit is horrible. spend the extra cash and get the banshee
Thanks for the info.....that is what I wanted to know.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Got it before Banshee came out (now have banshee with 2 Areoforce Gauges).

Now as respects fit - it aint that bad, especialy for $35. You do not need to place it on top of the cover that is there already. You can take the stock center piece out and put the pod right on top of the opening - just use good double sided carpet tape.

It really comes down to whether you want to spend $150 or $35 for a pod. I like the banshee better since it looks like it is part of the car - however - if the banshee was not out or more expensive - I would not have a problem using the cheaper pod.

Steve

·
Registered
910 Posts
The texture on that pod will not match the OEM finish. I bought mine from Muther_Busser on E Bay and finish was identical. However mine included 2 guages which boosted price to 432.00. But the fit and finish was perfect. Snapped into place just like the OEM blank panel. Here's a pic.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Thanks! Unfortunitly,the $595.00 cost has scared me off! :willy: I wil keep a look out for a used set, though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
For the 04 - I found Areoforce gauges to be the best - you are talking about $380 for the gauges. Since they plug into the OBDII they read off of the computer and each gauge shows 2 outputs - so you get the funtionality/read out of 4 gauges for the price of 2. I think they have up to 16 areas you can read. Easy as hell to install. I love these things.

My normal setup is Oil Pressure, IAT Temp, K/R & LTFT's (bank 1). A lot of info.

I can't seem to get the picture to load up -but they look great.

On the pod side - Iagree the cheaper one does not haqve the same finish - thqat is why it is ony $35 instad of $150 or more.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
http//www.ls1gto.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15926&d=1120021722 I tried to post this pic of those gauges, but I don't think it's working.

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
johnebgoode said:
The texture on that pod will not match the OEM finish. I bought mine from Muther_Busser on E Bay and finish was identical. However mine included 2 guages which boosted price to 432.00. But the fit and finish was perfect. Snapped into place just like the OEM blank panel. Here's a pic.

When you say snapped in, there's actually more work to that right? How long did the entire install take? Where do you plug the additional gauges? Any drilling required? Are the wires that are needed already under the dash?

I like the look and want to do something. Just don't want to remove the entire dash/radio/console to do it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
itsjoelr said:
When you say snapped in, there's actually more work to that right? How long did the entire install take? Where do you plug the additional gauges? Any drilling required? Are the wires that are needed already under the dash?

I like the look and want to do something. Just don't want to remove the entire dash/radio/console to do it.

no, it literally snaps in... my JHP pod matches my dash perfectly and it fit better than the o.e. plate.......

·
Registered
910 Posts
itsjoelr said:

The entire install took 20 mins. It does snap into place as does the original. The wire is already there. Sometimes it's hangin right there or ya may have to grab it in the lower right corner with a hook type tool. It's usually down there wrapped in white tape. A gentle tug will detach it from where its taped and ya just plug it into gauges. Dismantling entire dash is not required.

·
Registered
31 Posts
johnebgoode said:
The entire install took 20 mins. It does snap into place as does the original. The wire is already there. Sometimes it's hangin right there or ya may have to grab it in the lower right corner with a hook type tool. It's usually down there wrapped in white tape. A gentle tug will detach it from where its taped and ya just plug it into gauges. Dismantling entire dash is not required.
i beg to differ with you....sometimes pulling the raidio and dismantling the dash IS required...... i know, besides myself, quite a few owners who for less fortunate on the location of the connector. me, mine was jammed way behind the right ac duct..there was no way to get a "hook type device" on anything... with the upper center trim pulled as far back as possible without breaking anything...the wire was nowhere to be seen....another guy.his was hanging down free.....no white tape....and hanging in the back.... there are quite a few stories just like this..... granted, some of yall got lucky, but some of us didnt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.