Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have changed the gas millage window sticker for the 2006 saw this at a dealarship the other day it is online to, You best belive this caught my eye 29 mpg on 400 hp monster!!!:willy: Thats what i'm talking about. I did not paste everything and that is not the actual price the real price is 29,900.

2006 Gto if('Gto '.toLowerCase().indexOf('Coupe 2 door notchback'.toLowerCase())==-1){ document.write(' Coupe 2 door notchback'); } Coupe 2 door notchback

Engine: ENGINE,6.0L V8 SFI
Transmission: TRANSMISSION, MAN 6 SPD
Exterior: Impulse Blue Metallic
Interior: Interior Trim Anthracite
VIN#: 6G2VX12UX6L504528

MARQUARDT OF BARRINGTON 1421 S BARRINGTON RD BARRINGTON, IL 60010-5205 GM Certified Internet Manager:
Tim Holloway

(847) 382-6511
Dealer Website

MSRP
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE*:$31,290.00
TRANSMISSION, 6-SPEED MANUAL

18" ALUMINUM PAINTED WHEELS

TOTAL OPTIONS:$1,190.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS:$32,480.00
DESTINATION CHARGE:$700.00
Total vehicle Prices*:$33,180.00

CITY MPG21

HIGHWAY MPG29

***MECHANICAL***

6.0L LS2 V-8 RWD

400 HP /400 LB - FT TORQUE

4 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

4 WHEEL INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION

PERFORMANCE BRAKE PKG WITH

FRONT/REAR DISC BRAKES

TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM

POWER ASSISTED VARIABLE RATIO

RACK & PINION STEERING

LIMITED SLIP REAR

DIFFERENTIAL

17" X 8" 5 SPOKE ALLOY WHEELS

P245/45ZR17-95W-RATED TIRES

***SAFETY & SECURITY***

DRIVER/PASS. FRONT AIR BAGS

4 CHANNEL 4 WHEEL ABS BRAKES

3 POINT FRONT/REAR SEAT BELTS

THEFT DETERRENT SYSTEM

REAR SEAT CHILD ANCHOR POINTS

DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS

PROGRAMMABLE KEYLESS RMT ENTRY

***INTERIOR***

2+2 LEATHER SPORT BUCKET SEATS

8 WAY POWER FRONT BUCKET SEATS

200-WATT 10 SPEAKER AUDIO

SYSTEM

6-DISC IN DASH CD CHANGER

TILT & TELESCOPIC STEERING WHL

STEERING WHEEL RADIO CONTROLS

POWER DOOR LOCKS & WINDOWS

DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER

AIR CONDITIONING/CRUISE CONTROL

***EXTERIOR***

AUTO/PROGRAMMABLE HEADLAMPS

DUAL EXHAUST WITH CHROME TIPS

FRONT FOG LAMPS

REAR SPOILER

HOOD SCOOPS

·
Registered
96 Posts
The best I averaged was about 26 to 27. Now with my mods and my foot operation. (I had a five pound weight surgically sewn into the bottom of my throttle foot) :lol: I am averaging about 12 to 14.

·
Registered
71 Posts
These threads make me jealous. I have an A4 and do only city driving, I have yet to get out of the teens. The M6 gets ridiculously good gas mileage.:D

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have not gotten over 12.5 miles per gallon 06 m6
I was amazed this morning. Usually, I try to lower the mileage by standing on it and keeping the RPMs up. This morning I got off to work very early, was listening to Sirius, and for the first time in weeks just put her in 6th and moseyed to work. I was doing an average of 80-85 with no cruise, AC off, about 60 degrees and average humidity. When I hit my exit 40 miles later, it read 24.5 MPG. That's the best I've gotten so far.

And for those folks who have followed my efforts to decrease my mileage, don't worry...I kept her out of 6th on the way home and took care of that problem :rofl:

If you have an 06 M6 and can't get at least 20 MPG on the highway with the cruise set, I'd take it in to have it looked at.

Gerry

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yep, I saw the "new mileage" numbers also, during my virtual window shopping
for deals on GTO's around here. Don't know what's behind the change.
Same cars same engines! ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 90 mile one way trip to the office each day, mostly highway and my 06/M6 routinely averages 28mpg. That is typical cruising at 75-85mph. At the track, after 11 runs, my average is 4.2mpg. Which do you think is more fun??? :party:

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that the 4.2mpg would be a lot more fun.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.