Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my silver M6 goat for 2 weeks now and got a little over 500 miles on it. My girlfriend (bless her heart) always wants to drive it. I knew it was inevitable that I was going to have to let her drive it when I bought it. She didn't know how to drive a stick but I figured it wouldn't be hard to teach her and she would learn in a couple of hours or at the most in an afternoon. After two weeks, she is still struggling. We took a ride tonight and I almost got whiplash from her starts. She is beating my poor baby like a red-headed stepchild. I don't want to deny her the oppurtunity of driving the car but I get so frustrated when the car is being knocked around. I have taught many people to drive a stick but she just ain't getting it. What do I do? :confused

·
Registered
14 Posts
The M6 tranny gm puts in their cars isnt the easiest to learn in. I had a LS1 Z28 with a M6 and tried to teach my last girlfriend. The lesson lasted all of 30 minutes, and it was the last. I feel your pain! Unless you have a old beater you can teach her on, you have two options. Stick with the GTO and have it crying for mercy--or just tell her that this cars clutch is too expensive to replace so we must figure out a better alternative for teaching you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
how about hands off theory dont let her touch it then no worries cause soon enough it will be can i take your car and then your dead .

·
Registered
30 Posts
I follow this theory, my girlfriend isn't allowed to touch my car. Granted it isn't a GTO, but when I get mine it will still follow under this catagory.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Counter to that: If I can't ride you, then your not riding me. Worked so far, course we live together to so that always helps. lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
GF driving GTO

This is a dilemma that I have been putting off dealing with.....so far I have managed to dodge the "borrow the car" question, but the day is coming when I will have to say "NO."

·
Registered
476 Posts
kevracer said:
This is a dilemma that I have been putting off dealing with.....so far I have managed to dodge the "borrow the car" question, but the day is coming when I will have to say "NO."
Watch out, "no" can be a two way street. :D Better to try to find some way to convince her that she really doesn't want to drive it. If that doesn't work, then flat out bribe her. :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
i guess i'm a lucky one, then :confused

my wife absolutely HATED my '02 SS Camaro M6, also have full size Blazer 4x4, and she hated driving that, too.

bought her an 04 - Malibu Maxx right before I bought the GTO

she hasn't even ASKED to drive the goat, and when I threw her the key to go to the store, she said "no thanks - i like my malibu" :party

·
Registered
476 Posts
westell said:
i guess i'm a lucky one, then :confused

my wife absolutely HATED my '02 SS Camaro M6, also have full size Blazer 4x4, and she hated driving that, too.

bought her an 04 - Malibu Maxx right before I bought the GTO

she hasn't even ASKED to drive the goat, and when I threw her the key to go to the store, she said "no thanks - i like my malibu" :party
Ain't bribery great! :cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
I already told mine that when I get my GTO that she won't be driving it. That got me the silent treatment for an hour, and what a great hour it was. j/k

Though explaining to the dog why he won't be able to ride in it will be tough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts