Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to reinstall my original '69 AC vents. Question: What direction do the vents install? My guess is that the vents are placed so that the adjustment tab appears on the third horizontal vent from the bottom. But I have seen pictures of the vents installed so that the tab is on the third horizontal vent from the top. (I can't find any original factory pictures with enough detail to get a clear answer.)

Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Dan

·
Registered
918 Posts
I haven't gotten this far yet in my restore but mine are on the third from the top.

Mine are broken and I can't vouch for the positioning, I just bought the car last summer.

The restoration guide shows them but not which direction they go (I didn't look through the whole book yet).

Dan

·
Super Moderator
5,744 Posts
Shows how good my memory is.... :lol:

I'm pretty sure the photo is correct --- the little tab with the serrated edge for your finger to grip is oriented so that it's on the underneath side when installed.

Bear

·
Registered
918 Posts
I used to be able to remember what I did and what I had to do for at least a year at a time… now I have to write everything down. :)

Shows how good my memory is.... :lol:

I'm pretty sure the photo is correct --- the little tab with the serrated edge for your finger to grip is oriented so that it's on the underneath side when installed.

Bear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts