Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a reliable re-builder for a recently obtained properly date coded points distributor for my ws code 65 gto tri power. I live in Southern California so LA/SD area preferable but quality is more important.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Sun Tuned has an excellent reputation.

My brother still uses points in his Chevelle but has had a difficult time finding quality replacements for the points locally (China---points burn up, rubbing block wears out.) He got burned on an ebay deal once and refuses to look there for GM points.

With my back problems, I seriously thought about Sun Tuned but couldn't see me bent over checking gap and dwell , etc. On a friend's recommendation, I sent my points distributor to a fellow named Dave Ray who has an excellent reputation for converting GM points distributors to a GM HEI distributor using an external canister coil like the points set-up would. I had mine done and am very happy, still looks like stock points. Like Sun Tuned, Dave will set up a custom advance curve on one of his distributor machines using info you provide him (carb, intake, camshaft, trans, rear axle, etc.). He also provides a list of components he uses and where to find them locally.

Here's a link to a post about him: Who has used Dave's small body HEI's? - Chevelle Tech

Here's a link to his site if you're interested: About - DAVE's small-body HEI's There are several different pages on his site with info. Hope this is helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts