Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still looking for my next car, possibly a used 2004 GTO. Do any of you miss having a dead pedal? I'm sure I'd miss it at road coarses. I'd have to get one of those CG-Lock things for the seatbelt.

Just wondering...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Took a piece of silver aluminum angle iron, drilled six holes in it, painted it silver because i was bored, put six plastic upholstery plugs in the six holes, put a piece of velcro on the other side, mounted and adjust at whim. total cost less than $3.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I must be one of the only ones that do not miss having one, of course I have only owned one car that had one. It seemed that the dead pedal in the car that I had before was too close to me to use, of course I am 6'4''.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I definately would like to have one. I'm waiting for someone to sell a kit.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Since no one has made a kit, don't expect someone to make one now since this is only an 04 issue. I used a 2x4 to fabricate one. Since it rests on the front firewall, I can stand on it all I want. Covered it with black carpet and you can't tell it is even there. I need one plus it helped reduce the amount of interferance with my foot snagging as I would bring it up to activate the clutch (the foot angle is better). Switching the pedal covers to the 05 configuration took care of the rest of my interference problem.

·
Registered
165 Posts
toolman said:
I must be one of the only ones that do not miss having one, of course I have only owned one car that had one. It seemed that the dead pedal in the car that I had before was too close to me to use, of course I am 6'4''.
You are not alone. I like having the room to stretch out my leg over on the left. On long trips it's nice. When I test drove the 05, it really felt odd to have my foot at that angle. But, for 50 extra horsepower, I will adapt when I trade up to an 06. :cheers

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
jason_w_carter said:
That looks really good b_a. Can you put a lot of force on it?

Where you used the sheetmetal screws, is there room and access to install a washer and nut? That would reassure me that it would hold a little better.
Yes, you can put as much force on it as you want. If you wanted to put a washer and nut on -- no problem -- although it isn't necessary. Drilling small pilot holes before driving the screws yields perfect results. Feels like it's welded in. You'll need to play with the seating of the pedal on the angle iron a little bit -- but once that's done -- you've got a something as good as anything from the factory.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Xman said:
Since no one has made a kit, don't expect someone to make one now since this is only an 04 issue. I used a 2x4 to fabricate one. Since it rests on the front firewall, I can stand on it all I want. Covered it with black carpet and you can't tell it is even there. I need one plus it helped reduce the amount of interferance with my foot snagging as I would bring it up to activate the clutch (the foot angle is better). Switching the pedal covers to the 05 configuration took care of the rest of my interference problem.
The 05 model has a different pedal configuration as well as a dead pedal?
If you (or someone) could post a picture, it would be great!
Also, I am gathering that you can drill right into the firewall to mount a metal pedal without fear of hitting anything?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.