Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious to see how many people have the fastest/most powerful car at their workplace. As far as employees go, I have everyone beat, even though this 16 year old thinks his '94 Firebird is a challenge (yeah, he's got the 3.4....RUN!!) :rolleyes: :D

If I was to look at the members cars though, damn.....Ferrari 360 Modena, Porsche 911 Turbo, Viper GTS, a couple C6's and C5's, SL600....I have no room to talk, just drool.

How about you guys/gals?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Well in the world of stock traders and brokers, I know a lot of people. I don't really work with any of them, but they're friends I have in the industry.

From what I can think of, a few of them own some nice cars -

Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari F450
V12 Vanquish
Lamborgini Marcielago (sp?)
Lamborgini Diablo
And of course some Vipers and Vettes

One guy I met once owned a Maserati, no clue what model but I do know it looked like a beautiful car.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I really think I do probably have the fastest car in the parking lot. I work at the headquarters of a family-owned grocery chain, so most cars in the lot are fairly modest. Even the CEO and his family don't drive anything fancier than BMWs. One of his sons has an M5 that's a few years old. There's also a guy in our IT department who's fond of Mustangs and has a previous-gen 390 bhp Roush. Oh--and just last week, I noticed that someone bought a Hemi Dodge Magnum.

But all things considered, I guess I'm the alpha dog. For now, anyway.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
My office has over 130 employees. There are some employees that make over $500,000 a year. Being that it is a lumberyard most guys drive trucks. Jacked up diesels rule. No one understands the GTO. There is a girl that has an 04 Mustang GT, no competition there. Next closest is a shortbed 05 Hemi Dodge two wheel drive. He gets into the high 14's with it. It goes downhill from there rather quickly.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My cube neighbor drives a 2005 C6. So no, I'm not the fastest...

·
Registered
364 Posts
One guy has a porshe twin turbo show car that he claims now has over 800hp after building a sick a$$ twin turbo. But he is over 45 single and very neat and drives that way so I would say yes. He hasn't driven it to work since he built the new motor. ;)

·
Registered
565 Posts
mumrah said:
One guy has a porshe twin turbo show car that he claims now has over 800hp after building a sick a$$ twin turbo. But he is over 45 single and very neat and drives that way so I would say yes. He hasn't driven it to work since he built the new motor. ;)

Lol 800hp on a Porsche twin turbo?... ask him how much he spent in rebuilding the drivetrain. They aren't made with that many hp's for a reason

·
Registered
364 Posts
RiceEater said:
Lol 800hp on a Porsche twin turbo?... ask him how much he spent in rebuilding the drivetrain. They aren't made with that many hp's for a reason
That is what I told him before he started investing in the motor. I have a 68 Camaro that rips yokes in half on driveshafts. I also asked about body flex and he said that it is not going to be raced it is more of a question of being able to build the motor to max hp. So like I said I am still faster if he can't or won't use all the power.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts