Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think its pretty good, ..damn good in fact, IF Mopar actually ever goes through with building it.

425 horses, & 420 lb feet of torque... aint chump change either.

A 6.1 litre hemi, & a pistol grip 6-speed manual. The car that actually resembles the 70' Plymouth Cuda more than anything else.

If they can keep the car around 3,600-3,800 pounds, unlike those HEAVY new dodge chargers, & keep the price around 33-35 grand, ..I think Mopar will have a winner!:)

If they build it who would "consider" buying it besides "me"?

My instict tells me that car will probably be closer to 38-40 grand.

·
Registered
850 Posts
tiger gto said:
I think its pretty good, ..damn good in fact, IF Mopar actually ever goes through with building it.

A 6.1 litre hemi, & a pistol grip 6-speed manual. The car that actually resembles the 70' Plymouth Cuda more than anything else.

If they can keep the car around 3,600-3,800 pounds, unlike those HEAVY new dodge chargers, & keep the price around 33-35 grand, ..I think Mopar will have a winner!:)

If it's bulit exactly like that...OH YEAH!!!!!:cheers

·
Registered
439 Posts
It'll be more expensive than the camaro, less than a vette, but i'm thinking probably more than a new GTO. somewhere around 35-40 seems very likely. It'll also be heavy. very heavy.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
tiger gto said:

My instict tells me that car will probably be closer to 38-40 grand.
I'd even buy a Mopar orange one. I was too young when the originals were around. Then I was old enough but too poor (college student) to buy a used one. Then they were history. I couldn't resist the chance to relive my teenage fantasies if Chrysler builds it. The Challenger has about the same proportions as my all time favorite muscle car , the 1970 Chevelle SS.

Are they bringing back Raquel Welch too?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
For me, it will depend on the performance and reliability of the Goat. It it's good to me, I can see keeping it for quite a while- - if it's not, after 3 years it's history, and that's about the right time.

I really like the looks of the Challenger. It's Chrysler reliability that scares me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
noz34me said:
For me, it will depend on the performance and reliability of the Goat. It it's good to me, I can see keeping it for quite a while- - if it's not, after 3 years it's history, and that's about the right time.

I really like the looks of the Challenger. It's Chrysler reliability that scares me.
:agree

·
Registered
80 Posts
Daimler have improved Chrysler LEAPS AND BOUNDS!!!! Their reliability doesn't scare me one bit.

I would get the Challenger over the Camaro. Reason: The Camaro and the GTO will have the same engine and the same chassis. Why have 2 of the same car?

I'm not going to get rid of the GTO. I'm going to have that one paid off and then get the Challenger. Then when that one is paid off, then get the next best thing that's out. Get it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts