Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from my local DODGE dealership Sun. so no salesman were there. WOW what a pile of crap! The interior looks like something straight for the late 80's K cars. I've read a lot about this car and thought "it couldnt be all that bad" But WOW what a pile of crap. The seats :eek: My 6 yr old's booster seat has more support than those do! I still connot figure out why it's a 4 door. I'm not even going to start on that. And who care's about the 6.1L, go ahead bring it on. I will gladly drive my lowly 6.0L WOW I have to say it again what a pile of crap. I think I'm going to be sick :(

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
05_HUMBLER said:
I just got back from my local DODGE dealership Sun. so no salesman were there. WOW what a pile of crap! The interior looks like something straight for the late 80's K cars. I've read a lot about this car and thought "it couldnt be all that bad" But WOW what a pile of crap. The seats :eek: My 6 yr old's booster seat has more support than those do! I still connot figure out why it's a 4 door. I'm not even going to start on that. And who care's about the 6.1L, go ahead bring it on. I will gladly drive my lowly 6.0L WOW I have to say it again what a pile of crap. I think I'm going to be sick :(
:agree

Makes you want to puke don't it. So sad. Maybe we can have a funeral for it? At least it don't look like a GTO :rofl: What were they thinking??? To coin a phrase..........."That's a shame"

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's like DODGE was designing a new family car and when Mustang came out with there "retro" stang and Pontiac brought the GTO back, Dodge was like "oh crap, we need to get on this bandwagon! Throw a Charger badge on that thing and roll it out" (worker): "But it's a 4 door!?" (boss): "uhh...shut up and color! Roll it out anyway, nobody will notice!" :rofl:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
05_HUMBLER said:
It's like DODGE was designing a new family car and when Mustang came out with there "retro" stang and Pontiac brought the GTO back, Dodge was like "oh crap, we need to get on this bandwagon! Throw a Charger badge on that thing and roll it out" (worker): "But it's a 4 door!?" (boss): "uhh...shut up and color! Roll it out anyway, nobody will notice!" :rofl:
My thoughts exactly. They are trying to hard to make it look like a 2 door. I'm one of the few on here that like the 300 and the Magnum, but this Charger is horrible. It's proportions are all wrong. The only way I like it is if you look at it from a low angle from the front, kinda like a roadkill view of it. They have a concept for a two door version of it called the Challenger, it looks good. Now if you could get a 6spd and a 6.1L.......... sorry, I just couldn't bring myself to buy a Chrysler product.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
06" Charger concept car

One of the fellas on here posted this link a while ago. It's a series of pictures of the 06' Charger concept car. I fell in love with it. It's a shame they abandoned this design for the car we see now. This concept car looks like a viper in the front and the stealth in the rear, with the Charger looks. The color is absolutely gorgeous. I think this car would sell like mad and be the talk of the industry. Now it's the talk of how could you not build that but build what we see now circuit. lol ......I seen the concept of the Challenger... If they keep that design, man that will be HOT.

http://www.acarshow.com/chgcpt.html

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
GTO judge said:
One of the fellas on here posted this link a while ago. It's a series of pictures of the 06' Charger concept car. I fell in love with it. It's a shame they abandoned this design for the car we see now. This concept car looks like a viper in the front and the stealth in the rear, with the Charger looks. The color is absolutely gorgeous. I think this car would sell like mad and be the talk of the industry. Now it's the talk of how could you not build that but build what we see now circuit. lol ......I seen the concept of the Challenger... If they keep that design, man that will be HOT.

Looks like a 69 Charger from the back and sides. WOW. That was a hot concept. The designers got lost on the way to production with this one.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:eek: HOLY CRAP :eek: That thing is bad ass. If they stuck the plan and brought that out........we'll I may driving something different. I wonder if they were going to make it in yellow?? Thanks I have never seen those before..

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
fergyflyer said:
Looks like a 69 Charger from the back and sides. WOW. That was a hot concept. The designers got lost on the way to production with this one.
Ain't that one bad ass looking car????? My jaw dropped the first time I saw it. I liked it so much I printed pictures out of it. When I saw that concept car after I saw the ones out now, I nearly cried. I'll bet if they followed thru with that that design, it would bring some serious $$$. I too may have had a hard decision to make. Hell, I want it, and it ain't bein produced. They really did mess that one up. Damn morons....

·
Registered
937 Posts
05_HUMBLER said:
Yeah, I have said before. The plastics used in that pig remind me of something you would get in a cheap toy from China. The dashboard, door panels, console. They should be ashamed.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Wow! That's one concept car that looks very produceable. There's nothing radical in the styling. It's not a car for the screaming chicken crowd in the new millenium. Very clean and sophisticated lines. That car would have sold big numbers with a decent interior to match the sheet metal.

Where did Chrysler take a wrong turn? I suspect the accountants were once again making product decisions. It would cost too much and take too much time for a coupe. And, everyone knows that coupe sales are down, down, down. Thus a self fulfilling prophecy is born.

Better to slap a name from the past with some marketing clout on a 300 clone. I would have expected Chrysler to go the distance with their penchant for short runs of "factory custom" vehicles. Too bad. For them.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Whatever happened to Chrysler's Rapid innovation and quick design to market concept they touted a few years ago? If I am not mistaken this is what bore out such cars as the Prowler and the Viper. If they are back to making small style changes to current models and renaming them then all you can expect is a car like the Charger. We'll see what Diamler has in store for Chrysler with this Challenger. Production like the concept, or another made over 300.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
Whatever happened to Chrysler's Rapid innovation and quick design to market concept they touted a few years ago?
All the "car guys" who brought Chrysler back left the company before Bob Eaton took over -- Bob Lutz included. Jurgen Schremp thought he was "buying" those guys when his "merger of equals" between Daimler-Benz and Chrysler happened in the 90's -- but he didn't do his homework -- and it all blew up in his face. Har har.

BTW, the 300C and 300C Hemi are now being sold with rebates. Guess people finally figured out that it looks like an updated Checker Marathon Cab.

·
Registered
304 Posts
GTO judge said:

Yep, that's the concept I was following for a few years. That WAS my planned car to buy...and would have bought it no doubt. But they f-ed up BIG time...that car is gorgeous. The rear end looks just like the '69 Charger, one of my favorite muscle cars of the past. Would like to have a '69 and that concept in my garage! :cool

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry but id have to definitely say that this ar is a NO GO! This car belongs in some celebrities driveway completely tricked out, never to be touched again! I have seen a few people with these and they only look halfway decent when they are completely tricked out. Still not even great. This car will be done for after this year. Until they change they body style at least.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.