Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my "06 with a six speed and love it! Now my question. Does it hurt to depress the clutch just enough to disengage it? It seems like I need to be so close to the steering wheel for my short legs to depress it all the way to the floor.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I always depress mine all the way to the floor. I've heard varying opinions on this, and it does seem like it varies from car to car. But with my GTO it seems like it gets touchy sometimes when the pedal is just a short distance from the floor if I try to shift it. I figure I'll play it safe and push it to the floor all the time.

I also have short legs, and do feel like my leg is stretched pretty far to get it to go all the way to the floor. This only bugs me though if I'm sitting there holding in the clutch, which doesn't happen too often as I generally idle in neutral.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ponyeater said:
I just picked up my "06 with a six speed and love it! Now my question. Does it hurt to depress the clutch just enough to disengage it? It seems like I need to be so close to the steering wheel for my short legs to depress it all the way to the floor.
Have you adjusted the telescoping steering wheel? Between this and the various seat adjustments, you should be able to fully engage the clutch without putting yourself too close to the wheel.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts