Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason my thread title says what is says is because I can't believe how so many people are uninformed about the goat. Today when I was washing my '04 Maxima one of my neighbors walk by and says, "I see you have 2 nice cars. Which one is the fastest? I know those Maximas are pretty fast." Before I said one word all I could do was laugh. Yeah the Maxima is fast for what it is but come on. So I said, "Man my goat would kill this thing." All I get from my neighbor was a chuckle like he didn't believe me. Then he walks off without saying anything. Now I'm there looking like "What The F***! What is it going to take for people to educate themselves about this car? I guess the less they know, the more races I'll win :D .

·
Registered
439 Posts
and GM wonders why it can't sell any. It's an unknown car! It's not like there are commercials out for the thing. Oh well, that ignorance could really pay off one day.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yeah, my friend told me tonight that Pontiac had a car thatcould do 0-60 in under 5 seconds. He said he thought it was the new 2 door G6. I just said "yeah, those things really move". What a dumbass.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Our cars are almost like street camoflage. They don't see us till we're right on them and then it's too late:D

·
Registered
304 Posts
6QTS11OZ said:
The reason my thread title says what is says is because I can't believe how so many people are uninformed about the goat. Today when I was washing my '04 Maxima one of my neighbors walk by and says, "I see you have 2 nice cars. Which one is the fastest? I know those Maximas are pretty fast." Before I said one word all I could do was laugh. Yeah the Maxima is fast for what it is but come on. So I said, "Man my goat would kill this thing." All I get from my neighbor was a chuckle like he didn't believe me. Then he walks off without saying anything. Now I'm there looking like "What The F***! What is it going to take for people to educate themselves about this car? I guess the less they know, the more races I'll win :D .
When you said, "Man my goat would kill this thing", he probably had no clue as to what you meant by "goat". Perhaps he thought it was a joke that he didn't even understand and just chuckled in response of uncertainty LOL.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Ironmancan said:
Our cars are almost like street camoflage. They don't see us till we're right on them and then it's too late:D
I could never pull this off in Fatbitch, wonder if it was because the way it sounded.......:lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
6QTS11OZ said:
Now I'm there looking like "What The F***! What is it going to take for people to educate themselves about this car? I guess the less they know, the more races I'll win :D .
If GM had advertised the car more, maybe people would know what it's all about. Have you noticed - I have - in the last two days I have seen 2 GTO TV spots - now GM starts advertising - when the car is on it's last year - What A$$es, they are-GM.:confused

·
Registered
556 Posts
Loubo said:
If GM had advertised the car more, maybe people would know what it's all about. Have you noticed - I have - in the last two days I have seen 2 GTO TV spots - now GM starts advertising - when the car is on it's last year - What A$$es, they are-GM.:confused
You'd think the "General" would get a clue. Almost every Mustang comercial that I can remember involved high speed action, or spinning tires. :confused

·
Registered
439 Posts
smitty's05gto said:
and horrible wheel hop!! lol

anyone else notice that?
yes, there was a thread about it somewhere....

I remember thinking what was up with the wet factory floor? Can a mustang GT not spin its tires on dry pavement?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Ironmancan said:
:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

Kinda True Around here
but when people see the GOAT they look at it like it's a Lambo or a Ferrari!!!
Then they see me get in and leave her signature in the parking lot!:cool

·
Registered
97 Posts
Funny thing is now that the GTO as it is now is on its way out TONIGHT on NCAA basketball I see an '06 GTO Commercial... maybe if they'd advertised throughout the run of the car they would have sold alot more... seems like a lost effort since orders are ending in the next few weeks...

·
Registered
700 Posts
I constantly get questions about the goat. Some people look at it like an alien spacecraft. It's flat out odd that people just seem to know NOTHING about this car.
Sometimes, I like it that people don't suspect it of being fast. It's great to see someone's eyes nearly pop out of their head and their jaw hit the ground when I take off quickly or rev the engine.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
baron_iv said:
I constantly get questions about the goat. Some people look at it like an alien spacecraft. It's flat out odd that people just seem to know NOTHING about this car.
Sometimes, I like it that people don't suspect it of being fast. It's great to see someone's eyes nearly pop out of their head and their jaw hit the ground when I take off quickly or rev the engine.
When I'm at the gas station and someone sees the goat for the first time, I always get asked, "Does it have a 4 or 6 cylinder in it?" Normally I'll just say, "Look at the badge on the fender" or I'll just wait for their reaction when I start the car up and take off. And I always make sure I give them a good 5000 rpm rev before I roll :D . If that doesn't give them an idea of what's under the hood... I guess nothing will.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Mean Goat said:
Tell 'em to look at what's on the speedo! :lol:
True. People flip when they glance over and see it end at 200.

The next question is "Does it really go that fast?"

To which the typical reply is to drop a gear and floor them to the seat and say "Let's find out...." :D :cool

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yep, just today, a dude came up to me and asked if it was a 6 cylinder. I started it up and he changed his tune. What is this? What is under the hood? I showed him and his mouth flew open. Wow, does it run? Ah, yes, sweet unknown! it works on the Mustangs too.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I gave a guy a spin in mine a couple of days ago, You should have seen his face when he saw the PONTIAC symbol on the steering wheel. He was so confused:confused He then asked "what kind of car is this?" I said GTO he looked at me and laughed. He goes "they havent made a GTO since the 70's" I pointed to the GTO airbag plaque on the dash. He was still not convinced. I pushed the "Go" pedal, snapped his head back. Then I asked him to get out of my car. Goes to show you that (most) people only know what is force feed to them by the "MAN"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts