Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, wanted a little more education. A doc I work with just bought a Porsche Cayman S (295hp, 6cyl, etc... http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/cayman/cayman-s/
He says he'll kick the ****e out of my GTO (and he should if he paid double what I paid!). IS that true? I know probably off the line because I weigh more, but will I really get my a$$ handed to me? I have a 05 M6 w/ CAI, exhaust,tune, but that's it for now. I would line them up, BUT, I'm about 2 hrs away (and I like to pick my battles, if you know what I mean). I know I'm not even near as mechanically inclined as most on this forum, so I'm looking for some thoughts.
:cheers

·
Registered
439 Posts
They run low 13's. Should be an excellent race. You've got some boltons and a tune, so i'm thinking you'll edge him out. any 1/4 times or dyno numbers? Was the tune a dyno tune?

·
Registered
92 Posts
From the other forum

Porsche Cayman S
Price $59,695
Length x width x height 172.1 x 70.9 x 51.4 in
Power 291 hp @ 6250 rpm
Torque 251 lb-ft @ 4200 rpm
0-60/0-100 mph 5.1/12.0 sec
1/4-mile 13.7 sec @ 105 mph
Speed in gears (mph) 1st: 43, 2nd: 73, 3rd: 101, 4th: 126, 5th: 147, 6th: 171
Lap at the Nürburgring 8:20

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77840&highlight=cayman

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've driven the Cayman S and you are comparing apples to oranges. The Cayman S is a very well designed car and is a blast to drive. However, in a straight line from a dig or better yet on the highway the GTO will beat the Cayman S. Now on the other hand in a small road course with lots of twisties or through a canyon the Cayman S will beat the GTO.

Both are good cars... Porsche of course is better built all around "especially the shifter".... not to take away from "Monaro", but that is why the Porsche is $60,000.00 compared to $32,000.00 for the GTO.

I would race him, just make sure it is on your terms STRAIGHT otherwise he wins.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Race him. Even if he beats you, it won't be by much.
You've got nothing to lose. But He does :cool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.