Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I progress through my first restoration, I have learned that many body panels come from Dynacorn & Goodmark so now I'm wondering about emblems and other parts. I see various prices from different companies like OPGI, Year One, Ames, Performance years. Do they all come from the same place? Is the quality that much better for one that's $20 more? For example, the "GTO" fender emblem that goes on my '68?
What about parts like the hideaway actuators? All from the same place?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Most body panels and bumpers come from goodmark and/or Dynacorn. Several of the big parts repro suppliers have CERTAIN things tooled for. It has been my experience that OPGI has the highest prices. I generally shop Performance years and Ames....Sometimes a company offers 2 different quality levels of the same part.....a cheaper repro from China, and a better one from USA. Eric

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ames

just scoped out parts ( emblems and seat covers ) from 5 different place and Ames was the best price in most cases .. saw the seat covers from PUI and Legendary and will be going with Legendary ....... much nicer quality

·
Registered
164 Posts
AFAIK most, if not all, of the emblems, exterior lenses, and so on are manufactured by Trim Parts. They make really good stuff.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
The Parts Place out of chicago makes a TON of stuff and supplies Ames and Opgi with many of their products- 3 Items I bought from Ames with The Parts Place logo are the front headlight bezels, the rear tail light bezels, and the front grills ( all for a 65)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts