Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In other words does the "change oil" indicator need to be activated for the pedal action to work?

I'm asking since my car is at 98300 miles and I like to change the oil at 100k with all the other fluids and just start from a round number.

I changed the oil at 97k~ and did the pedal reset procedure.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
You need to manually tell it you changed the oil. It will not automatically reset. There is a stick how-to.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
If you want everything to round to 100K, you'll need to change the oil at 100K and reset the engine oil light notification.
Typically you won't get the change oil message for about 7K or more miles since the computer bases the oil life on the revolutions of the motor and not miles driven. You'll have everything reset at 100K for a short time until the oil sensor goes off roughly at 107K miles or so.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if the oil change light/message hasn't popped up and I do the gas pedal depression procedure while the engine is off then will it zero out from that point?

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
So if the oil change light/message hasn't popped up and I do the gas pedal depression procedure while the engine is off then will it zero out from that point?
You got it.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
It does, but you don't know if it actually did and there is no way to check.

·
GTOAA 04-06 Technical Advisor
228 Posts
You know when it worked when the light goes out.
Doing it blindly.... repeat the procedure a few times in succession as a justin case.
Good idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts