Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a very sweet, minty mint loaded 93 Z28 M6, no Ts, no squeaks with a full SLP level II suspension, revalved bilsteins, chip, strut tower brace, MSD, etc. and all of 41k miles.

Drove 700 miles from NY to KY on a monday, and 700 back on a thursday. On sunday I stopped in at the Pontiac dealer after my chiropracter. On sunday afternoon I decided I was going to get a GTO.

Is your GTO a replacement for a F Body? If so, what year, the details, and any regrets? No regrets here. I am getting used to the truck like seating postion of the GTO compared to the Camaro.

Since I got the GTO I haven't touched the Porsche.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I wanted a GTO when they announced it. I had a 89 Turbo Trans Am but needed to get rid of that since I couldn't keep both. Sold it in March of last year and bought the goat in Sept.

There are some regrets as that was the car I always wanted. Got my name in a magazine with it. Was on display inside the Corvette Museum for the 35th F-Body show. Ran mid 11's all day long. And so on...

I think it was the right decision as I love the goat. Won't run as fast as the TTA, not planning it at least. Just going to enjoy it and play around.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yep ! '02 SS Onyx Black Hardtop (1 of only 500), M6, SLP#1379, signed by Scott Settlemire (Fbodfather)

That was my daily driver. There's only a couple things I miss about it, but the GTO is in a higher class, better quality, all the way around. :cool

·
Registered
27 Posts
the gto is a good replacement for my 99 trans am with about every slp mod made and a supercharger to top things off which was my daily driver and the only regret i have with the gto is the lights arent red at night and the drive is too refined for what could be a much more fun ride. But overall i am happy with the goat

·
Registered
304 Posts
I'll be getting an '05 GTO by June (maybe before). It only replaces my daily driver now and will become my daily driver. I do have an '87 Z28 with engine mods and a turbo hood. The Camaro stays in the garage and comes out to play only when the sun's shining. I plan on keeping that car as long as I live and will definitely have the GTO for quite a time as well. Will be awesome to own and drive my favorite cars ALL the time! :party:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I came from a Z28 in a long, roundabout way. I originally had a 2001 Z28 convertible with the M6. Traded the vert for a new 2002 MY Vette coupe with M6. After several Vetttes I went to a 2003 Silverado SS and then a couple more vehicles in between before ending up with a 1998 Z28 coupe with T-tops and an A4. Sold the '98 and found an 800 mile '04 Torrid Red GTO with M6 on 3-18-05. The '98 Z28 got consistently good gas mileage with several runs in the 28 mpg area. Gotta love the LS1.

·
Registered
19 Posts
GTO is Daily driver

2000SS convertible is my fair weather joy ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had a 95 Trans Am m6 with all options loved the car it was my daily driver put 150k on her a traded it for a 2004 vette convertable. Had the vette for a year and traded her in for the GTO. I like the GTO better then both. More comftable with one or four people on board not as flashy and much better build quality.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Rob said:
I wanted a GTO when they announced it. I had a 89 Turbo Trans Am but needed to get rid of that since I couldn't keep both. Sold it in March of last year and bought the goat in Sept.

There are some regrets as that was the car I always wanted. Got my name in a magazine with it. Was on display inside the Corvette Museum for the 35th F-Body show. Ran mid 11's all day long. And so on...

I think it was the right decision as I love the goat. Won't run as fast as the TTA, not planning it at least. Just going to enjoy it and play around.
got an 87 turbo-t... dennis kirbans car... modified/restored, thinking of selling for 05 gto but very undecided. any thoughts? those tta cars are RARE

·
Registered
70 Posts
deezdad said:
got an 87 turbo-t... dennis kirbans car... modified/restored, thinking of selling for 05 gto but very undecided. any thoughts? those tta cars are RARE
Anything Kirban had is nice :) The TTA's are fairly rare but don't command the money the Regals get for some reason. Check out turbobuick.com for a check of what to ask for. If I had garage space, I'd love to get another GN or T-Type/T

·
Registered
50 Posts
Traded in my 98 WS6. no regrets here. the TA was not my daily driver and nether is the Goat. I loved the WS6 but I did not get it new and it was an auto when I wanted an M6. The goat is far superior then my TA IMO but I will miss the Aggresive style of the TA..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Had a Sport Gold Metallic 1998 Transam 6 Speed. Lots of mods, exhaust, intake, headers ect. THough I miss it because I put so much work into it, I look forward to playing with my GTO. No regrets for getting the Automatic, I got tired of shifting. Almost 40 here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i wanted a 02 SS but at the time I couldn't afford it, my wife traded in the 03 jetta and suprised me with a 05 gto and i just love this thing, fit and finish power, you name it its better than the SS's & WS6's i still have my 92 Z28 :party:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.