Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a parking ticket yesterday in downtown LA that cited me for no front plate.

I had to watch the metermaid write the damned thing while I was stuck in a meeting on the fourth floor of an adjacent building. With the Monaro re-conversion offering very little hint as to the identity, and Holden not exactly being a household name, it was hilarious to watch her try and figure out what kind of car it was. She literally stood there looking at the car, paced a bit, and scratched her head.

On the ticket, where the "vehicle type" line occurs, it states "Other." :rofl:

Luckily, it's non-moving violation, so I simply kick a check for $25 over to the City of Los Angeles and I'm done with it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm not sure the meter maid is allowed to write you up for that. Atleast they weren't too in the past.

That said, i've probably got a dozen no front plate tickets and another dozen window tint tickets under my belt :D

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Groucho said:
Pffft. It's only $25- not worth it. It's not even a fixit ticket!
I'm sure she went home satisfied that she helped rid the streets of LA of evil-doers.(meanwhile there is a mugging happening across the street)
:shutme

·
Registered
187 Posts
CMD said:
Your car is registered as a Pontiac. You can attempt to contest the ticket on the grounds that it isnt your car. Or just pay the 25.

he wouldn't win a battle over it being a pontiac or not

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nineball481 said:
25 is worth not having a plate on the front of your car IMO

Exactly.

I've had the car 15 months and put 60,000 miles under the wheels, during which time I've been pulled over 4 times and never once hassled about my lack of front plates.

No big deal.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
In California the issue fix-it tickets. You have a time period to head to the local DMV with the repair they want done. They check to make sure it's done. Depending on who wrote the ticket it's free or $10. I kept waiting to get one for the Z28. Pa doesn't have front plates, so there wasn't anyplace to put it. You have to change the grill and it looks awful.
I went a full year without a ticket. On my move to Florida, I was in west Texas were 20 and 10 split. The speed limit was 75 and I was doing 79. As I crested a hill a Texas trooper was on the side in his Intrepid. As soon as I went past he pulled out. Then bam on come the lights as he gets behind me. He asked me where I was going and I said moving to Fla. He said the speed limit in texas is 75 and they take that limit seriously. I appologized, thinking that I had never been pulled over for less than 5 over.
He came back to the car with a warning for the speed and a nother warning for not having a front plate. He then told me the plate would need to be fixed within 24 hours or I would be cited if I was pulled over again. It gets better!
He then noted the time was 6:20 and dusk started in 5 minutes. The night time speed limit is 55 and he advised me that I should drive 55 when i pulled out. I thanked him, pulled out got up to 54 and set the cruise with him following me. He followed me for 70 miles before I hit Fort Stockton and decided that it was a waste of time to drive like this. I went to bed early and got up early the next day.
That stupid trooper let about 30-40 cars and trucks pass us, some doing well over 80.
Oh well the point is it took a Texas trooper to cite me for not having a front Californa plate.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yea everytime I got pulled over they never seem to mind my front plate missing and my tinted windows, they always to seem to forget to write me a ticket too!!!:D :cool
they're too infatuated with the GOAT!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.