Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got mine Saturday....Arbogast Pontiac in Troy Ohio has over 20 GTO's...I started negotiating with them a month ago and I broke off contact after they wouldn't come under $30k. They called Friday and told $2500 more off any GTO in stock. I'll probably be kicking myself when GM does some crazy lot clearing sale in October but I am happy to have it...finally.
They did gank me on my trade but I'm sure it was one of reasons they were able to bring the GTO down so far. I traded in an 05 Civic Si with 9000 miles...$19,000 retail...they gave me $15,000.
Gas mileage sucks!....But everything else rocks!!!...Except the Stereo..even with the DDL off...Wheres that amp at???

Danny

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats :party: I have an 05' Yellow as well. I love it! You will find that your mileage will improve with break-in.
You should watch the Grand American racing series. Pontiac is kicking serious butt. They took first in class at Watkins Glenn on Saturday, beating BMW and Porsche :eek: It is great to watch an American car win against other manufacturers from Europe. The best part is that they don't just go around in an oval... It is a real road course. It is also a real GTO, not just a car that has a similar shape with headlights painted on ala' NASCAR.
Anyhoo, Enjoy the ride, and don't ever look at what they are selling for after you bought it.
Warren

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Warren11050 said:
You should watch the Grand American racing series. Pontiac is kicking serious butt....It is also a real GTO, not just a car that has a similar shape with headlights painted on ala' NASCAR.
Errrr....not in Grand Am...it's a purpose built, tube-framed car.

The Real Deal is the Autosport Development GTO that Stu Hayner campaigns in the SCCA Pro / Speed GT World Challenge...that's the real deal! he's doing quite well...and without backing from Pontiac (though he gets tech help from Holden)! http://www.goautosport.com/

Unfortunately, the France family has stained the Grand Am series with their typical pattern of dumbing down racing a'la NASCAR...but I digress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.