Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you MAY experience/hear the following
  • Warm air coming from vent when AC is off - Maybe that explains why it takes so long to cool the car down. Where does the outside air come from? The exhaust manifold?
  • Noise that sounds like a water pump bearing going bad coming from transmission
  • Clunk when shifting from first to second under moderate acceleration

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tom said:
  • Warm air coming from vent when AC is off - Maybe that explains why it takes so long to cool the car down. Where does the outside air come from? The exhaust manifold?
  • Noise that sounds like a water pump bearing going bad coming from transmission
  • Clunk when shifting from first to second under moderate acceleration
gotta love the a4 dont have to worry about the last two. Really gotta hate the first one though. :willy:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately with gm and the last two i will probably get "cannot duplicate" when i bring it in tomorrow to have the seat fixed.

with the first, I could not duplicate it this morning. I will try driving with the ac off this afternoon if cool enough. then tomorrow i will turn the ac on for a few minutes then off and see what happens. i wonder if the sun is baking the air inlet so it is so hot you get warm air coming in.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Tom said:
  • Warm air coming from vent when AC is off - Maybe that explains why it takes so long to cool the car down. Where does the outside air come from?

Not sure if this is whats causing your warm air or not... but if you don't turn the dial to recurculate, warm air (or cool depending on outside temps) will flow through the vents.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tom said:
Do you have your windows tinted if not i rec. doing that it helps cool the car down alot just got mine done and its bada** alittle darker than legal but it looks good thanks gtodealer2 :cheers

·
Registered
144 Posts
I haven't had the A/C problem and I ride with my windows down in the evening (when it finally gets cool enough). I make a point to turn the A/C off when I do this because I hate how condensation forms on the trim panels around the central vents; I wish they had insulated the back of those panels to prevent this but I guess there's more humidity on the AL Gulf Coast than in Sydney.

I haven't experienced the other problems either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.