Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer sucks.... 6 visits back for complaints on alignment and abnormal tire wear and fading of the dealer installed stripes.

Pontiac TAC advised dealer to alter the front camber to the high side ands agreed to replace the front tires after 5 visits and numerous phone calls.

The problem is the rear alignment camber is still too negative and the dealer says it's not adjustable.

THE ICING ON THE CAKE IS ....
Visit #1 Tire jockey marks all 4 rims with too large of a wheel socket.

Visit #2 Dealer retouches wheels (looks acceptable) but overtightens the lugnuts (Brake vibration)

Visit #3 Can't duplicate vibration "Tough luck"

Visit #4 Dealer refinishes left rear wheel for blistering (corrosion) and it looks good but feels terrible (Dirt under finish)

Visit #5 In the process of removing the stripes, they dent the hood. They had the car my Goat a full week and the couldn't find the time to put the stripes back on. (I'm afraid any attempt to remove the shallow dents would look worse.)

Visit #6 Alignment and new front tires and stripe install. Stripes take an extra day 'cuz I get a stone chip where the stripe belongs in the week I'm driving stripeless, and there isn't a single drop of touch up paint of any color at the largest GM dealer in the northeast. (Tire jockey cracks the left front rim and chips, dings and peels the paint off the right front wheel)
Visit #6 Prolonged Stay. New left front wheel is really a take-off from another Goat that was stored face down on the floor and then literally "dragged on its face" out of storage and then put on the tire mounting machine only to have the paint peeled like a can opener would around the outside. They couldn't even put the valve cap on!!!

Did I mention I could see Visit #6 damage from ten feet away and they released the car to me with nothing more than "we broke your wheel, sorry, we put a new one on."

Visit #7 is today, I hope they don't **** it up again.

I'm not even mad anymore, just dumbfounded.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds like my experience with king o'rourke caddilac olds in lynbrook ny. their incompetence was second only to their arrogance. five days to change a power steering pump on the aurora.

then there was morrissey pontiac in rockville centre ny. they blacklisted me because I didnt give them completely satisfied on a survey. i said the rattle is on the right side, he types left then says dont worry. it comes back no rattle on left side. really! they change one fog light socket when the tsb says change both because it isnt as bright. hey, one bulb is brighter than the other. "cannot duplicate".

should i go into mack pontiac in hicksville ny. four trips for a wheel vibration where the tsb says use a hunter 9700, four trips for a stalling issue that "cannot duplicate" but the tsb out for over a year says change crank sensors. oh, i gave them the tsb number.

dont waste your time with customer service. it is outsourced. paul nagy told me to go to court over paint runs because i didnt like the option of painting a small area on a silver car. reuben martinez wouldnt authorize reimbursement of the crank sensors if i paid for them and the problem didnt recur.

your best bet is to first talk to the owner of the dealer, then elevate it to someone in gm corporate hq, or the zone manager. you will get nothing but anger and frustration going to the farce called customer service.

if it wasnt for the gm card rebates which resulted in lower payment my wife would be driving a pilot or mdx ($520mo) instead of her leased (smartbuy) rendezvous($370mo), and i would be driving either my 12 yo Z28 or an accord coupe instead of my leasted (smartbuy) GTO(<$200mo). that is how pissed "customer service" got me. Notice how the two GM cars i currently have are in my posession only as long as there is a bumper to bumper, with a guaranteed residual (trade in). i give it back with one day on the warranty, and any problem mechanically is their problem. keep the damage under the limit allowed and walk away.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
bsmcall said:
My dealer sucks.... 6 visits back for complaints on alignment and abnormal tire wear and fading of the dealer installed stripes.

Pontiac TAC advised dealer to alter the front camber to the high side ands agreed to replace the front tires after 5 visits and numerous phone calls.

The problem is the rear alignment camber is still too negative and the dealer says it's not adjustable.

THE ICING ON THE CAKE IS ....
Visit #1 Tire jockey marks all 4 rims with too large of a wheel socket.

Visit #2 Dealer retouches wheels (looks acceptable) but overtightens the lugnuts (Brake vibration)

Visit #3 Can't duplicate vibration "Tough luck"

Visit #4 Dealer refinishes left rear wheel for blistering (corrosion) and it looks good but feels terrible (Dirt under finish)

Visit #5 In the process of removing the stripes, they dent the hood. They had the car my Goat a full week and the couldn't find the time to put the stripes back on. (I'm afraid any attempt to remove the shallow dents would look worse.)

Visit #6 Alignment and new front tires and stripe install. Stripes take an extra day 'cuz I get a stone chip where the stripe belongs in the week I'm driving stripeless, and there isn't a single drop of touch up paint of any color at the largest GM dealer in the northeast. (Tire jockey cracks the left front rim and chips, dings and peels the paint off the right front wheel)
Visit #6 Prolonged Stay. New left front wheel is really a take-off from another Goat that was stored face down on the floor and then literally "dragged on its face" out of storage and then put on the tire mounting machine only to have the paint peeled like a can opener would around the outside. They couldn't even put the valve cap on!!!

Did I mention I could see Visit #6 damage from ten feet away and they released the car to me with nothing more than "we broke your wheel, sorry, we put a new one on."

Visit #7 is today, I hope they don't **** it up again.

I'm not even mad anymore, just dumbfounded.
As an ex-Pittsburgher I know the dealer well. I've bought several cars from them and always prayed that I would not have to take it in for service. My sister had a car that she bought from them. The throttle stuck on her several times so she took the car into them. First trip was the "could not duplicate". I had told her that the gas pedal may be sticking on the floor mat so she removed the floor mat. Still kept happening so she took it back. The response this time was "gas pedal sticking on floor mat". When she told the service advisor that it didn't have a floor mat on the drivers side, he stumbled. He went out to the mechanic, and came back with he meant the carpeting around the gas pedal is catching it. She asked if he cut the carpet away, and was told no, they didn't want to modify her car like that. She asked if the could cut the carpet to fix it for her and note on the bill what they did. She contacted GM and explained the problems and repairs up to that point.
The problem kept happening so she called GM. They told her to go to the number 1 GM dealer. They could not duplicate it this time and asked if she wore high heels, or boots when she drove. When she said yes they told her that her shoes were causing the problem.
Disgusted with them she went to a Firestone dealer and told them the problem. The mechanic looked at the car and within 5 minutes found that the throttle body would stick sometimes when he manually moved. The guy told her how to make it happen and they wouldn't even charge her for it. She took the car back to the dealer showed them the real problem and they replaced the throttle body. With the problem fixed she told them she wanted new carpet since they cut hers for no reason. She never got it though.
A friend of mines car was stolen from their repair area. They knew the car was gone because the mechanic couldn't find the car when he went to work on it at 8:30 in the morning. They never called the police. They just waited till he came in at 6pm and said they thought he forgot to leave his car.
There is more stories about them, but not enough room here.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am very sorry to hear about your situation. Your car deserves much better, I agree, have a lawyer write a letter and/or report them to the BBB or even GM.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And it goes on...

Got called today at 3:30. It's ready for pickup. I drove by after hours to check the wheels so I don't waste my wife's time to take me over tomorrow. I can't find my Goat anywhere, not in the service write up or service bays or outside. ??? Joy ride ??? Stolen ???

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
bsmcall said:
Got called today at 3:30. It's ready for pickup. I drove by after hours to check the wheels so I don't waste my wife's time to take me over tomorrow. I can't find my Goat anywhere, not in the service write up or service bays or outside. ??? Joy ride ??? Stolen ???
Check and see how many miles are on it. Someone may have wanted to take a nice car home.
I know it's a far drive but try Bowser by Century III. Also there is a dealer in New Ken that I have heard good things about. Annette Gannassi is the name I think.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
bsmcall said:
Man bsm.....What a nightmare you are going thru. Man I feel for you. Maybe your dealer has it in the shop waiting?

I know when I drop mine off and work is performed, they keep it inside for me for pick up. It's almost like VIP treatment. I had thought that the GTO's are comparable to Corvettes with customer service, because it's like my dealership rolls out the red carpet for me if I even have a slight issue.
But after hearing your dilemma, and others, there are some real JACKAS* dealerships out there, man I feel really good how I am treated.

Jones Pontiac GMC in Lancaster is outstanding. Even with my wife's
Grand-AM GT the service is just first class.

You'd think that customers purchasing a GTO which is the TOP of the Line for Pontiac, the dealership would go the extra mile for service. Guess that's a fallacy.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Picked it up today and lo and behold It was repaired just as promised. I'd like to tell them to go **** themselves, but not until I rack the car up monday or tuesday to verify no hidden wheel damage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.