Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For you lucky new 05 owners, here is what some of the 04 guys did to make a hook to hold the gas cap. We used an adhesive backed plastic hook.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Xman, you're the man! I was disappointed the first time I went to fill my GTO at the gas station. Only to realize that there was no place to hang the cap whilst filling up. Just had to let that baby dangle down on the paint job. :eek:

I had thought about cutting or disconnecting the tether and doing it the old fashioned way - put the cap on the gas pump.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Very nice, Xman. I put gas in the GTO two days ago and once again thought to myself, "I sure do feel stupid standing here holding my gas cap in one hand while I hold the fuel nozzle in the other."

Think I'll stop by Home Depot and have a look at some cup hooks.

By the way, I like how you listed your gas cap hook as a mod in your profile.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
That's a trick solution, Xman!

The method I use is a zip tie that wraps around the gas door hinge arm and captures the gas cap lanyard. When you get to the gas station, you simply slide the zip tie up the hinge arm, keeping the cap out of the way!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.