Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAs any one heard of a DRAG BAG for our GOATs? I was looking at TEXAS SPEED inc. a link I found on ls2gto. It is an air bag you install on your rear suspension that you on flat when at the track to help keep you rear axle planted preventing wheel hop. and then you just let the air out when you leave the tract and you have your standard drive ability back? They are only $110. any one heard of this? anyone tried it? how did it work for you?

·
Registered
282 Posts
alptbird said:
HAs any one heard of a DRAG BAG for our GOATs? I was looking at TEXAS SPEED inc. a link I found on ls2gto. It is an air bag you install on your rear suspension that you on flat when at the track to help keep you rear axle planted preventing wheel hop. and then you just let the air out when you leave the tract and you have your standard drive ability back? They are only $110. any one heard of this? anyone tried it? how did it work for you?

BMR has them available.

I've got them on my car. They definately help with the wheelhop issue.

I enjoy keeing mine @18psi. The handling has improved quite a bit. The ride is a LITTLE rougher, but I enjoy it. The good thing is you can run as little as 5psi and the ride quality wont be hurt. When/if you go to the track, hit it with an air pump for literally 1 to 2 seconds, and it'll be full.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Empaler said:
Question i am thinking about getting them. How would i install them ?

I used a lift.

Removed the rear wheels... removed the springs. Cut a little here and there (its all in the instructions).

Feed the air hose where you'd like the nipple to be and drill a little hole.

I've got mine located in the bottom of my trunk.

It's a very simple installation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts