Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard the GTO has a CDx of .31 while the Mustang is around .34 or .35. Anybody know the real numbers? And, no, newgoat, your buddy's Mustang doesn't have a CDx of .00001.

Appreciate the help. Googled around and couldn't find squat -- particularly on the Mustang -- with that trick upside down cowcatcher front end. Slippery bit that design is...

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
I've heard the GTO has a CDx of .31 while the Mustang is around .34 or .35. Anybody know the real numbers? And, no, newgoat, your buddy's Mustang doesn't have a CDx of .00001.

Appreciate the help. Googled around and couldn't find squat -- particularly on the Mustang -- with that trick upside down cowcatcher front end. Slippery bit that design is...
My buddy's 05 Mustang is modded with teflon paint and deer whistles. The drag coefficient is actually .000000000000000001

With this cheap mod the GT beats the pants off..................................

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yup. Ford is keeping this number buried for some reason -- and the idiot car magazine writers are too dumb to ask for it. Heard Ford's GT, the six figure sports car, was way up around .4 -- so you can only imagine what the Mustang is.
You have to think that the more downforce a car has the higher the drag coefficient, the Ford gt is rated at .39 as I have seen, and I believe makes about 500 lbs of downforce, so .31 sounds a bit low but reasonable.

·
Registered
572 Posts
You have to think that the more downforce a car has the higher the drag coefficient, the Ford gt is rated at .39 as I have seen, and I believe makes about 500 lbs of downforce, so .31 sounds a bit low but reasonable.
The post you just quoted was from 15 years ago fyi

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Another one and done troll.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.