Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, I don't expect much of a response, but I'll throw this out there. I am going to be at Bremerton Raceway, (Outside Port Orchard WA.,) this weekend for a test & tune on their 1/4 mile track. I am going with a bunch of F-body guys from the Seattle area. It should be a blast. It would be cool if some other GTOs showed up there too. This will be my first time on the track.
I am also going to be in Portland for the Les Schwab Late Night drags on Saturday night.
Of course, these plans are tentative, due to the possiblility of rain. Anyone is welcome to stop by and say "Howdy." So maybe I'll see ya this weekend.

Maximental
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Maximental said:
Once again, I don't expect much of a response, but I'll throw this out there. I am going to be at Bremerton Raceway, (Outside Port Orchard WA.,) this weekend for a test & tune on their 1/4 mile track. I am going with a bunch of F-body guys from the Seattle area. It should be a blast. It would be cool if some other GTOs showed up there too. This will be my first time on the track.
I am also going to be in Portland for the Les Schwab Late Night drags on Saturday night.
Of course, these plans are tentative, due to the possiblility of rain. Anyone is welcome to stop by and say "Howdy." So maybe I'll see ya this weekend.

Maximental

If you are going on Saturday I believe it is all MOPAR DRAGS. A bunch of us will be going. Maybe we will see you there. Should be about 5 or 6 SRTS in our group.......Let's see who can post the best times :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just rechecked the schedule...

2tirefire said:
If you are going on Saturday I believe it is all MOPAR DRAGS. A bunch of us will be going. Maybe we will see you there. Should be about 5 or 6 SRTS in our group.......Let's see who can post the best times :cheers
I don't see anything about Mopar Drags @ Portland International Raceway. I am assuming we have our wires crossed up somehow.
I would love to see what I can do. This weekend for me is all about trying to get the best numbers possible out of my car.
I am hoping to get down to around 13.0. there are now a few guys who have figured out how to get 13.2s out of a bone stock GTO. The whole secret is getting this heavy car with an IRS to launch well. From there it's all hammer down and jam through the gears. :D
I can't wait. :willy:


Maximental
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
I'd like to be able to get out and play sometime soon. Everything's just so busy right now. Bremerton is my favorite place to race too. The best times in my '98 GP and the wife's '98 Mustang were all there. I'm hoping to get out for a few of the Car Club Challenge races. There is usually a strong showing of Firebird and Grand Prix owners. I don't think the GTO club (NW Legends) is represented in CCC, so sadly, I don't really see a lot of GTO's out there.

Which F-body guys are you running with?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fawkes said:
Which F-body guys are you running with?
I met some guys on LS1tech.com in the northwest region forum. I went to one of thier weekend gtgs. They're a pretty cool bunch of guys with some beautiful, fast, cars. I almost feel out-of-place when I hang with them. That's okay, though, I just need to get my car set up like I want, and I could run with the best of 'em. :cool
I see you replied to my other post after this one. So that means you read about my weekend. :cheers

Happy motoring,

Maximental
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Maximental said:
I met some guys on LS1tech.com in the northwest region forum. I went to one of thier weekend gtgs. They're a pretty cool bunch of guys with some beautiful, fast, cars. I almost feel out-of-place when I hang with them. That's okay, though, I just need to get my car set up like I want, and I could run with the best of 'em. :cool
I see you replied to my other post after this one. So that means you read about my weekend. :cheers

Happy motoring,

Maximental
Those guys are all friends of mine. They are members of Team NW right?
You should come out more often, and don't feel intimidated, we all had to start out at the beginning like you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure..

Mykdiver said:
Those guys are all friends of mine. They are members of Team NW right?
You should come out more often, and don't feel intimidated, we all had to start out at the beginning like you.

Not sure if we're talking about the same guys or not. They're up around the Seattle area.
I went up to try to find the Bremerton Raceway to race with them one weekend, but Mapquest, or some other similar program, led me to the wrong place. :willy: I did get back to Portland in time to put in a few runs there, so the day wasn't a total waste. But I lost my taste for driving that far to race.
I still kinda feel like I'm bringing a plain Jane to the dance while those guys are dating cheerleaders when I meet them. It's getting better though. A couple coats of wax and some nice 18s have helped alot. :D
I may go to Woodburn tomorrow. I haven't tried my new wheel/tire combo at the track yet.

Maximental
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Maximental said:
I still kinda feel like I'm bringing a plain Jane to the dance while those guys are dating cheerleaders when I meet them. It's getting better though. A couple coats of wax and some nice 18s have helped alot. :D
I may go to Woodburn tomorrow.

Maximental
My favorite bracket racer that my dad and I used to run was a '76 Camaro with a 250 inline six cylinder and 2-speed Powerglide. It was cheap to run and was about the most consistent thing you've ever seen. Pull up to the line, put in in Drive, walk off of the line and about twenty seconds later you'd cross the line. It was nothing to look at, and was slower than dirt... but what a great car to run. Makes me think about getting another one. :D
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top