Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any members will be attending, will be parking at the Pontiac split where Woodward enters Pontiac, look for the Blue Tempest and stop and say hey....:cheers

Brian

·
Registered
40 Posts
Doing a few passes Friday night in either my Mustang or my brother's Durango before they shut down Woodward @ 10. Can't go Saturday. I assume you are talking Saturday, Brian? Next year, if the Poncho Gods are willing, I am there in my Silverglaze '67.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Won't make it this year, but I will be there next year. Please take lot's of pics for us poor soul's that can't make it.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should be down for Friday around 12 mile for the parade and saturday off widetrack in the Poncho corral. Will take lots of pics.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all are welcome the cruise goes 16 miles each way down Woodward and they say it draws over 40,000 cars and 4,000,000 people (hot rod magazine last month). I am dying to pull up under the Pontiac sign in the median and get a pic. Heres a pic from last years that you guys might get a kick out of....this boat drove under its own power on the road...rather unsettling when you see it flying up behind you in the rearview.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Just took my 68 over there...got home a few minutes ago.
It was our maiden voyage with the car, so I bailed out when I hit the stop-& go traffic at Maple Road. (That means about 2 solid miles of cars down to the "epicenter" near 13 Mile Road)

Lots of cool stuff out there!
Will have loads of pics after Saturday.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Man! I got to make it out to this next year. Waiting for more pictures, have a great time and hope the weather is perfect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll be there Saturday, unfortunately I won't be driving the Lemans. It's not quite ready yet. I wish I could make it up there for the Parade in Berkley on Friday, but work will be getting in the way of that.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i am trying to wrap up my stuff early so i can get down for the parade too, have a friend that lives right on 12 Mile if i can get there before they close the road....see you down there sat i will be at the Pontiac loop (widetrack).

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
This is the first time in 5 years I haven't been able to make the Dream Cruise. It's a 10 hour drive from here, and worth the drive for sure. As I said in my intro thread, I had my hip replaced this summer and am not quite recovered enough to spend so much time in a car. But I'll be there in spirit. There's several "cruise cams" you should be able to watch the cruise on like this one: 2012 Woodward Dream Cruise – Watch Live 104.3 WOMC

You Detroit area guys have no idea how lucky you are, there's nothing like Woodward anywhere else.

Last year I had my GT500 parked in front of Duggan's for awhile.

The Detroit locals know what Duggan's is. It's kind of the "center" of the cruise and the areas where the TV cameras are. It gets like a parking lot there though, bumper-to-bumper. The action's up around Pontiac area (Where else?)

Here's a few GTO's I snapped while sitting at Duggan's:
(wonder if any of these are forum members??)

Before anybody rips on me for posting my GT500 instead my GTO, I just got my Goat last week. These pix are all ones I took as I kept thinking "Damn I gotta get another Goat!!" as I had several when I was younger, my first car was a '68.

Well, I did get one. And maybe next year it will be seen on the legendary Woodward Ave.

:party:

Enjoy the cruise guys.

The GT500 is an incredible car by the way...

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Hope to see you in the Goat next year Goatman...i know Duggans well
If I do take the Goat I would trailer it. The Shelby's a great highway/road car and I got an honest 24.5 MPG doing 80 the whole way. I'd be nervous driving the GTO that far, but trailering it is not out of the realm of possibility.

It gets CRAZY up there in Pontiac in the wee hours after everyone's gone back to the hotels or home for the night. Saw some incredible stuff going on.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah Pontiacs not somewhere you want to be after the Police roll up the streets, better off heading a few miles south after dark. i used to work on 12Mile in berkley, would have had perfect seats for the parade if i could have cut out early today but no such luck....leaving at 7:00 am closing up shop tomorrow and turning off the phone see y'all down there...:cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts