Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am out getting dinner for the family last night. It was about 45 degrees and crystal clear out. I drive by a Chick Fillet restataunt(which are closed on Sundays) and there is about 20 super riced mustangs. They had the whole ground effects kit with the neons poking through and the neons under the hood. One of them had the lights that danced with the rattling trunk music. I simply could not resist to stop and see what in the hell this was all about. I pull the GTO right up in the front of them like I own the place. HAHAHA. I proceed to walk slowly through all of them. 80% of them were V6's and the others had SO much ****e in them(TV's, Stereos, Whale tails) that they had to weigh more than my car.

I start talking with the guys finding out who they were. They said they were a street club called Neon Pony (yes I am being serious). This was one of those moments when I am very glad I have a good poker face, because if I didn't I would have laughed in the guys face. After about 1/2 an hour of listening to these guys talk about cars(which by the way they did not even know what a cam or pushrod was.). I decide to see if any of them want to run. They said they don't, but Chris is coming in a couple of minutes and he(I assume) has the fastest car. So I wait around and they check out my car for a bit. They ask what the Monaro liscense plate means and I explain the lineage of the Goat. The chris pulls up. Chris(who by the way is a 60 year old woman) pulls up in a yellow 05 convertible GT with a Saleen roll bar, 18" spinners, dark green neons that even shine through the rims, and painted crooked black racing stripes.

She gets out of the car and looks offended to see a Pontiac there. She points at my car and says "what is that slow peice doing here?"

I shake the hands of the guys I was talking to with a laugh and head out. I pull onto the main road and sign my GTO's name on the concrete.

At this point I have had more rice than I could stand

B

·
0 Posts
you didnt race grandma? She may have been the little old lady from Pasadena!!! lol

B

·
0 Posts
instead of racing for Pinks!, you could race for her pacemaker! Then see if she is confident enough in her car.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was such a lame group that I had to walk away. If the car was nice then hell yeah I would have run. But not only was the car fugly, it was driven by a grey hair with a bad attitude. I honestly have never seen anything more pathetic in all my car years. I respect civic clubs way more than this club. Cause they are 16 and have an excuse of not being able to afford a nicer car.

These people were middle age. I only wish I had my camera with me. It would be in the hall of shame on stangnet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Please, Please get back there for their next meet! I would love to see those pics, and of course hear how you crushed that stang! I can hear the old bags excuses already... :rofl: c'mon man, you know its worth it!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Capo said:
Please, Please get back there for their next meet! I would love to see those pics, and of course hear how you crushed that stang! I can hear the old bags excuses already... :rofl: c'mon man, you know its worth it!
I do plan on driving by there the next couple of weeks. Just to see if they are there again. There was about 10 Mustange and everyone of them was hideously riced out. Not one real performance mod amoung the lot. The 05 GT was the leader of the pack. I would never post again EVER if she beat me.

·
Registered
910 Posts
dealernut said:
I do plan on driving by there the next couple of weeks. Just to see if they are there again. There was about 10 Mustange and everyone of them was hideously riced out. Not one real performance mod amoung the lot. The 05 GT was the leader of the pack. I would never post again EVER if she beat me.
Woop her a$$ and then throw her a bottle of Geritol........!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
after taking the car away from her and putting it back to stock! Even a ford dont deserve that kind of abuse.

V

·
0 Posts
I agree you handled this matter extreamly well... but .. since ricers have so much pride and talk so much trash.. you shoulda raced a few of them for bills.. make a few hundered out of um .. ( im sure they have it )... OR...

better yet race one of their fastest cars .. and if you win .. they can never park where you just parked ... LMFAO....that would get under their skin ... :willy: :party:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Vedli said:
I agree you handled this matter extreamly well... but .. since ricers have so much pride and talk so much trash.. you shoulda raced a few of them for bills.. make a few hundered out of um .. ( im sure they have it )... OR...

better yet race one of their fastest cars .. and if you win .. they can never park where you just parked ... LMFAO....that would get under their skin ... :willy: :party:

Thanks man.

Believe me it was tempting to race grandma.

V

·
0 Posts
well even though you ARE the bigger man by walking away .. think of it this way .. if your cool to them then race and smoke their fastest car .. then you can pass out your cards and they can come by for some ricer trade ins LMFAO .. make some money that way too .. :willy: :party:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts