Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use to love my 05 gto but since it has been untouched at the dealership for the last 7 days and with little hope the problem will resolve itself in the next week or two my feelings have changed a bit.

Anyone else have problems with the drive by wire/throttle body sensor, if so, I would love to hear how the problem resolved itself.

Right now as it stands Im either waiting for one of these sensors to show up somewhere or for it to be built in Australia :(

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

:seeya:

·
Registered
364 Posts
When I bought my Z06 in Aug 01 it had a "sticky" point on some part of the drive by wire system. Can't remember if it was the throttle body or a sensor on the gas peddle. When I took my foot off the gas RPM would stay at about 2000 rpm frequently. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the part. Been working fine since then and I use mine pretty hard. :D

Hope they get it fixed for you soon. :cheers

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
interesting... the dealership and gm have both told me their currently is no replacement part available, however, down the road, they will manufacture the part in Australia, at which time they will call me back and install it on my decommissioned gto. I'm starting to get a bit nervous. :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
that's a crock the ls2 is made here if it is the throttle body they should have it call another dealer and ask the parts guy yourself

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had a problem today with my 05 the gas pedal assembly had to be replaced. I got a check engine light when I started it up and a degraded performance mode alarm. My dealer checked and there were no parts available on no date when they would be. MY dealer took one off a new car on his lot and put it in mine. they had to take the gas pedal unit out, took about 10 minutes to fix.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GNX231 said:
that's a crock the ls2 is made here if it is the throttle body they should have it call another dealer and ask the parts guy yourself
I agree, the throttle body assembly (with sensor) is readily available! It's funny cause I can't find a part number on the electronic throttle control sensor..... give me a little bit and I'll post back! :cheers

·
Registered
176 Posts
Theres been an open case for awhile for 2005's with faulty throttle pedal position sensors. Thats the part that isnt readily available, its the pedal, not the TB itself ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm, good form GTp... I'm going to ask the dealership later today to specify exactly what the problem/sensor is, once I find out ill post it, id do it now but I feel a bit guilty for the continued calls they have been getting from me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Eh don't feel guilty, it's spring and it's a brand new car, I'd want to be out driving it too!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
Hmmm, good form GTp... I'm going to ask the dealership later today to specify exactly what the problem/sensor is, once I find out ill post it, id do it now but I feel a bit guilty for the continued calls they have been getting from me.
I'm with GTP (cause I'm his bitch.....).......stay after them until its done......BTW, the part # of the pedal/sensor assembly is 92067194. Just in case the parts guy is a total tool.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dealership, "I believe it is the APP sensor, which would be the pedal sensor."

I asked the dealership if they could swap the part off another gto, however so far they have been unwilling to do so,

After they said this would not be an option, my dealership told me that it might be a good idea to contact pontiac/gm and let them know that the dealership can't/won't swap the part.

GM either didnt believe me or needed to hear that from the dealership directly so now I am having the dealership call gm and let them know that.

Im going to call GM at 11am pst and see what my options are now?

ANY OTHER ADVICE IS ALWAYS :seeya: ENCOURAGED!!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
GTPprix said:
Theres been an open case for awhile for 2005's with faulty throttle pedal position sensors. Thats the part that isnt readily available, its the pedal, not the TB itself ;)
Forgot to post back, your correct... :cheers

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just spoke with Pontiac and they told me that their regional parts manager is looking into it and gm will give me a call back with "more information" next thursday or friday(a week from today)

So, it looks like I will be mobbin' my new g6 for another week :confused

ANY FEEDBACK IS ALWAYS APPRECIATED

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does anyone know about california's lemon law? I read somewhere that if they can't fix it in 30 days the "lemon law" would apply?

Since they are waiting for the part instead of trying to fix it, will this be the dealerships loophole?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hope that your dealer gave you something to drive. When this part failed on my car, the Director of Maintenance at my dealership(Courtsey Pontiac in Birmingham, Al) the GM regional rep and they told him their was no guess as to when they would be able to get the part so they took one off a new one on their lot. Thats what I call a customer first dealership. They will not be able to sell that car until the replacement part makes its appearance.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea, they 1st gave me an impala with 1600 miles on it, it was sick for cinco de mayo in Stockton, I had that for a week, and then I traded in the rental for a brand new rental a g6, It is everything the grand am was and then some, but it's no GOAT!!! So thats what Ive had since last thursday.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just for reference, my '98 Z28 was drive by wire, and I never had a problem. I am aware that the ls2 uses different components. I'm just letting you know that the technology can work and can be reliable. :seeya

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is a brand new Black/red GTO at the dealership. I got called to come take a look. I show up and they don't have the gas pedal on because of faulty drive by wire system. You aren't the only one this is happening to, and no one has even driven this car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts