Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have always hated those driving shoes sold by Cole-Haan, Ralph Lauren, etc. Those rubber nubs are kind of stupid -- and wear out really fast. They're overpriced for essentially a cheap moccason, too.

Was at a Puma store yesterday -- and they've got all kinds of "motorsports" shoes. However, the pair I ended up getting are called the Puma Scrill. It's a sneaker like thing made for indoor mountain climbing courses.

The soles are really thin. They fit like a glove and don't look too bad, either. Best of all, both the soles and heel are made with a super tough composite that doesn't wear out in 15 minutes. Makes driving a lot more fun as you've got a better feel of the car.

BTW, the color I got was yellow, black and grey. Otherwise, the color combinations are pretty frightening. FYI.

·
Registered
674 Posts
i bought a pair of piloti shoes this season. so far so good. nice to walk an autocross course, comfortable for a weekend of DE. Yes, I forgot to bring my sneakers and wore driving shoes all weekend.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Bought a pair of indoor soccer shoes from puma. Been using these for longer driving and RR situations. Work great and are comfortable to boot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Love my Puma Speed Cats. They are tight enough to my foot that I can actually use the dead pedal without catching the back of the clutch on the way up!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Although not really a daily driving driving shoe, I use the Simpson Hightops, which I really like for Driver's Education or other track events. :cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Racing shoes! you guys are sh*tting me! I can't think that if you don't have the right shoes YOU WOULD NOT TAKE THE RACE! Oh I don't have the right shoes on to take this mustang.... I would race in my socks :) hehe j/k

·
Registered
674 Posts
DFWGTO said:
Racing shoes! you guys are sh*tting me! I can't think that if you don't have the right shoes YOU WOULD NOT TAKE THE RACE! Oh I don't have the right shoes on to take this mustang.... I would race in my socks :) hehe j/k
i got mine for autocross and DEs. my topsiders wore out and the new pair of sneakers i got had grippies on the sole that made shifting a pain. now that they are worn in i dont need the driving shoes, but i look oh so manly in my gray and yellow pilotis with my chicken legs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts