Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me what I need to buy to take care of both of these!

The mirror is annoying and worse than the visors.

Also, is it possible to remove the mirror and have a glass shop or someone replace the mirror? After almost 50 years it has developed a funk (for lack of a better term) in the glass.

Thank you!

·
Registered
23 Posts
That funk you see in your mirror is the the glue that's supposed to be holding the mirror in the housing. If I'm not mistaken, it's where the reflective backing on the glass is pulled apart so now you can see through the glass in those spots. You should be able to find a shop that can replace it with an online search. As far as everything not holding, your friction surfaces are worn out. You might be lucky by crimping the visors where the mount pin goes into the visor. I had this work on my C10 pickup. Not sure on the mirror. Maybe a piece of electrical tape put into the socket of the ball mount would last a while?

·
Banned
1,499 Posts
A drop of crazy glue on the ball in the back of the mirror and hold it in place for a minute should hold it.
I think Ames has reproduction mirrors, if not OPGI carries them.
Same thing with the visor mounts.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Work a little silicon sealer into the ball and socket area of the mirror and let it set.
You can force the mirror to move, afterwards. If you use crazy glue,
you may not be able to readjust it.

Larry

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
how do you guys get the visors to keep from dropping down all the time, this is annoying me badly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts