Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having owned an 01 C5 Coupe and an 02 C5 Z06, I am a big fan of the LSX GM engine family.

I recently sold my Vette in the interest of practicality - and was planning to replace it with a C6 after I pay off my newly purchased 99 Accord daily driver. This way I figured I have daily beater and weekend toy. I like to autocross, drag race - so the C6 is a natural.

However, I am beginning to rethink my plan and instead scrap the Accord in favor of a combo daily driver/weekend toy. I need at least a 4 seater, as I am in outside sales and have a 9 year old. Ala - The GTO.

The GTO has a ton of refinement for the price point. I was disappointed in the lack of a Moonroof and some small niceties like an Auto-Dimming mirror and Xenon Headlights. I was impressed with the 04, but feel the 05 with the upcoming LS2 will be much more desireable long term. And for those modaholics, I was to the point of stabbing an LS6 camshaft in my 01 C5 (I had one in my hands), but sold it and just bought a Z06 instead. I know an 04 GTO can be modded, but I think the LS2 will be oh-so-sweet.

So, any input on the 05 being available with a Moonroof?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Closer_2001 said:
Having owned an 01 C5 Coupe and an 02 C5 Z06, I am a big fan of the LSX GM engine family.

I recently sold my Vette in the interest of practicality - and was planning to replace it with a C6 after I pay off my newly purchased 99 Accord daily driver. This way I figured I have daily beater and weekend toy. I like to autocross, drag race - so the C6 is a natural.

However, I am beginning to rethink my plan and instead scrap the Accord in favor of a combo daily driver/weekend toy. I need at least a 4 seater, as I am in outside sales and have a 9 year old. Ala - The GTO.

The GTO has a ton of refinement for the price point. I was disappointed in the lack of a Moonroof and some small niceties like an Auto-Dimming mirror and Xenon Headlights. I was impressed with the 04, but feel the 05 with the upcoming LS2 will be much more desireable long term. And for those modaholics, I was to the point of stabbing an LS6 camshaft in my 01 C5 (I had one in my hands), but sold it and just bought a Z06 instead. I know an 04 GTO can be modded, but I think the LS2 will be oh-so-sweet.

So, any input on the 05 being available with a Moonroof?
I have not heard if the 05 will be coming with a moonroof or not, but if you are a power junky and it seems like you might be by the list of your previous cars, you might want to stick with an 05. That extra umph of ponies may help you not modd for a while:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
GTO Moonroof?

When I took one for a test drive, the sales guy pointed out the "bump" in the headliner and claims that there is a structure element going from front to back there and hence the best to hope for would be T-Tops.

I too miss the auto-dim mirror - and surprisingly I miss the auto-temp that my blazer had. Set the thermostat on 74 and hot or cold the car does the right thing... but then again I don't miss them at all when I'm sitting in those oh-so-comfee buckets.
Larry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sun roof / moon roof

We saw one at our dealership that had a power roof installed. They took it to one of those places that cuts a hole in your roof and puts in new headliner. I would highly recommend against this. As in previous post there is a structural center pillar that runs through the roof. Plus the install looked a little Dodgy to me.

I had a 1996 Vette with the LT4 and when I took the top of there was a big difference in the rigidity of the car. I would rather have a rigid firmly planted car that a removable top or sun roof.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2005 changes

bigger tires , hood scoops for the ram air , no moonroof , and you get a dead pedal thats your new options and i saw this at the dealer because he had the 2005 brochure on his desk for all the changes to alll the 2005 pontiacs, thats why i wasnt going to buy the 04 but 3500 cash back and smart buy program you just sometimes have to do what you have to do . besides in ny i think the 05 might stand out some and get bipped but 0-60 in 4.6 is sweet as they are claiming for 05

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.