Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yea, I know I piss people off with the little rice burning Corollas, but I just want to show you why these cars are so fun.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aq1Fz5Gb-w

An AE86 Levin taking to an S2000 and Integra Type R in a road race...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D03KXTpCGhg

An AE86 N2 road race...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6628000901715090556&q=AE86+duration:long

I know many of you are gonna hate on this, because there are no GTOs. GTOs are fun and all, but too expensive on my budget to tear down and build a race car out of it. I am getting one for a daily driver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
The reason you see no GTO's is because it is a different class of vehicle. You want to run a fart cannon around a track, fine. Have a blast.
The 2nd video shows acceleration similiar to the NJ turnpike at rush hour. A GTO would eat those cars alive. Other than that, the ricer has a standard GP circuit setup. Sheez, you can take a shopping cart and make it handle with the right suspension parts. Get your Cororra (intentional misspell) and be happy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
k1200lt said:
The reason you see no GTO's is because it is a different class of vehicle. You want to run a fart cannon around a track, fine. Have a blast.
The 2nd video shows acceleration similiar to the NJ turnpike at rush hour. A GTO would eat those cars alive. Other than that, the ricer has a standard GP circuit setup. Sheez, you can take a shopping cart and make it handle with the right suspension parts. Get your Cororra (intentional misspell) and be happy.
I knew someone would have to hate on here, so here goes nothing. If you don't think a 220 rwhp N/A 1.6 liter is impressive, or fast on a car that weighs 2185 lbs. (that is the stock weight, probably more like 1800 in race trim), there is something wrong with you. The car is 20+ years old for God's sake. And a 4 cylinder to top things off. A GTO is not much more than a straight line car. A GTO is fun and all, but it's too much money to throw in parts and make it handle well and make a lap time like some of those cars. Around those turns, A GTO would be lost. I've seen street Corolla's take out a R34 Skyline GT-R, which can be faster on a twisty road course than a GTO. If you want to hate, don't reply and offend. I am only showing you that low powered cars can be fun too. 1/4 mile is cool, but having a car that can do it all (and get good gas mileage while doing it) is cooler. End of story.

Also, those cars don't sound like fart cannons. The Civics you see with the neons and candy apple red sound like fart cannons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Dude, get a clue. Don't mistake hate for your ignorance. Any car can be tuned and modded to be competitve. If you want to race in the minors, be my guest. Go watch FUELED on INHD and see the league the GTO is competing in. Or better still, watch the Rolex GT circuit and take notice as to what cars are racing that series. I don't see many Cororra's in those races, guess they're so badass it wouldn't be fair to Porsche, lol!
You need to learn the basics before coming in here and trolling. The GTO is a hi-performance touring car. The Cororra is a tin sh*t box made to get from point a to point b cheaply, that's all it is. Tie a rocket to it and all you'll have is a rocket powered sh*tbox.
And that's the end of THAT story.
:seeya: :lol: :seeya: :lol: :seeya:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k1200lt said:
Dude, get a clue. Don't mistake hate for your ignorance. Any car can be tuned and modded to be competitve. If you want to race in the minors, be my guest. Go watch FUELED on INHD and see the league the GTO is competing in. Or better still, watch the Rolex GT circuit and take notice as to what cars are racing that series. I don't see many Cororra's in those races, guess they're so badass it wouldn't be fair to Porsche, lol!
You need to learn the basics before coming in here and trolling. The GTO is a hi-performance touring car. The Cororra is a tin sh*t box made to get from point a to point b cheaply, that's all it is. Tie a rocket to it and all you'll have is a rocket powered sh*tbox.
And that's the end of THAT story.
:seeya: :lol: :seeya: :lol: :seeya:
How many people have the money to build a fully blown race car out of a GTO? And just to let you know, the AE86 Corolla is deffinately not an average commuter car. It was the last Corolla to stay RWD, it had a twin cam engine that revved to 7,500 rpm, and it came stock with an optional LSD. Not even the N/A Supra, N/A RX-7, or N/A 300ZX of that time came with an LSD. I am not saying a GTO is a crappy car. I am not on this forum to bash on GTOs, cuz I in fact plan to own one for daily driving. But seriously, I have driven the new Mustang GT, 350Z, and a Lancer Evolution, and the Corolla is still more fun. It's a lightweight FR car. It's gonna be fun. And it keeps up pretty well with 5.0 mustangs (Although I know it's not the fastest car in the world, but it's still a V8). I don't need your insults towards the cars I like. Ever heard of drifting? Your big bad 500 hp GTO get's eaten up by 200 hp Corollas. They spent less money on the Corolla, and they whooped a GTOs ass. Not in Formula D though, because D1 is where it's at. If you don't like the videos, cool, just leave.:shutme
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Coming in here like this, you might as well stand in the middle of the Million Man March with a loudspeaker and shout 'WHITE POWER!' :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Dude, you're trolling, bottom line. You don't come to a GTO forum and start blowin' your azz about some crapass tin sh*tbox and how great they are compared to the Goat. I really don't give a rat's balls if you get a GTO or not. To be honest, I'd rather you didn't as you don't sound too smart & the last thing we need is another fine Hilden product wrapped around a telephone pole by some fool kid who thinks he's frikkin' Kunimitsu Takahashi. You want to quote specs from the latest Car & Driver, do it somewhere else.


Here's your dream car, enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I am not comparing a GTO to a Corolla. That is being an idiot. I am just saying that I like these cars too, and I wanted to share that with you. I have stated on this forum before that I am a muscle car guy since I was a kid in diapers, but my generation has caught up to me, so I like imports. I don't like those Civics and Accords with a green paint job and blue wheels, and more lights than a laser show. I like tastefully done cars, and with performance to boot. I know these aren't torque monsters than can do a wheelie or anything. But for what they are, they are amazing machines. Ok, so they run a low 14 to a high 13 second quarter mile, but they aren't made for that. They handle are made for handling, braking, and a little acceleration. Like I said, if you don't like the videos, just don't comment. If you are the owner of this forum, and you hate me because I like Japanese 4 cylinders just as much as I like American muscle, kick me out of here. I can care less. If you just like to insult other people's likings, **** the **** off. And that is a big ****ing period.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
It's funny how you say your not here to bash GTO's, but the title to your thread reads "This is why the AE86 owns you..."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
raven1124 said:
It's funny how you say your not here to bash GTO's, but the title to your thread reads "This is why the AE86 owns you..."
It's just a ****ing title, I wasn't being serious. I was having some fun.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
86Noel said:
If you just like to insult other people's likings, **** the **** off. And that is a big ****ing period.

You can have all the fun you want too on this forum providing you do it in a civilized manner. If you come to a GTO forum and talk trash about a GTO, expect people to get offended. Telling people on this forum to **** off on this forum WILL get you banned. Consider this a warning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
:agree you need to stay on those other sites, if your not here to talk about the gto. you don't belong here. heres anouther site for you fart can. com or cars that have backed up into a coffee can .com.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
raven1124 said:
You can have all the fun you want too on this forum providing you do it in a civilized manner. If you come to a GTO forum and talk trash about a GTO, expect people to get offended. Telling people on this forum to **** off on this forum WILL get you banned. Consider this a warning.
I was never talking trash about the GTO. I love the car to death. I plan on getting one for daily driving. Why the hell would I talk trash? All I said was that it was a little expensive to build a race car out of it, at least for me. I know you are a moderator and all, and I respect your authority, but you have to get everyone to calm down about insulting people that like imports too. I just get frusturated with that ****, and I want to defend my opinions. I am with everyone who would make fun of a ricer, because they swear they are bad asses and blah blah blah, and not every import is rice. So when they start talking **** about a nicely done import, I kinda want to defend it. I know this is a GTO forum, but the subforum is called Off Topic Discussions, so I expect a little respect. That doesn't mean I want people to come into this thread and say the 86 is a god, but if they don't like it, don't comment about it. Same thing when I see a GTO on this Forum that I am not crazy about. I keep my mouth shut. Is that so hard to do? I didn't mean to start **** by showing you some videos of what I like, but if people want to be like that, what can I do but defend it. Trust me, I was a GTO guy since I was a little kid and saw a '64. And when they introduced it for 2004, I was happy it was back, but I still love my imports. So thank you for the insults, thank you for not showing any respect, and thanks for wasting time on a thread that shouldn't have never been made. You could have let it sink to the bottom and never have it be found again. Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
556 Posts
If all you want is cheap speed, fine, you can have fun with your Corolla. GTO's are much more than that. They are pretty fast right out of the box, handle pretty well (despite what you say), solid as billet steel and aren't meant for people who only have $1200.00 to spend on a car. I don't think you are going to convince anyone here that the AE86 is the beat-all performance vehicle of the century, and I'm sure the EVO, Supra and Skyline peeps ain't gonna want to hear it either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good 2 go said:
If all you want is cheap speed, fine, you can have fun with your Corolla. GTO's are much more than that. They are pretty fast right out of the box, handle pretty well (despite what you say), solid as billet steel and aren't meant for people who only have $1200.00 to spend on a car. I don't think you are going to convince anyone here that the AE86 is the beat-all performance vehicle of the century, and I'm sure the EVO, Supra and Skyline peeps ain't gonna want to hear it either.
Again, I never said it was supposed to be the fastest car in the world. I just said it was a suprisingly fun car. Why can't anyone catch that?
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top