Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
:agree

A stock Ford Lightning will get beat at highway speeds and crushed at anything over 100. The problem is those things are so easy to mod that a lot of them aren't stock. $300-500 for a pulley and an intake and you get 450-500 hp.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I took mine to the dyno with stock air filter and all...put down 345.52 HP and 345.50 FTLB. i have an 06 m6. I now have a k&n replacement and SLP LT headers on the way with a CAI. dyno proven 40+ hp gain for about 1500$$$. i would say I now have anywhere from 350 to 360 with the new filter. They help THAT much! don't be fooled. later yall.

·
Registered
84 Posts
As one of those oddball people who owns both a 2006 GTO and a 2003 Lightining, I have to agree that the Lightning is very easy to mod. But getting much over 400 to the wheels requires serious work. Mine has a pulley, ported blower and single blade throttle body and has been re-programmed on the dyno. It is making 403 HP/510 LbFt at the rear wheels and that's about all you'll get out of a stock short block. But it also weighs in at 4593 pounds and has the aerodynamics of a shoebox. I still think the Lightning will eat my 2006 M6 for lunch, but I think a set of gears in the goat rear end would make the contest more even. Doing a Maggie on the GTO would put an end to any questions..... The truck does tow and haul things, but the GTO is more fun to drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.