Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW, am I glad that dumping didn't come up here. Hope everyone is able to get around by now and has power. Being without electricity in the winter is dangerous...:eek:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Being from So. California I won't tease ya, but I will say I hope your cars "GTO" are put away for the winter.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flying into Boston tomorrow night for the holidays. should be fun.
Ah, they'll have that all cleaned up, the sun will be shining and bikini clad beauties will meet the plane with leis....:rofl:

Y'all have fun dealing with that mess. There's another front coming thru the Midwest in the next couple days. Getting home could be worse than getting there....:eek:

Troy, I'm still laughing about the dusting too.....:D Bunch of smart alecks on here....:seeya:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here in San Antonio its 70 degrees. I washed the goat and then went for a drive with the windows down and the stereo up!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey ,
It is still barbecue and tee shirt weather here. How else do yo keep the beer cool!:cheers

Now that it has finally put some white down, I opened the sled trailer to find that some slime ripped off my entire suspension from my 700 Polaris. There are some real jerks out there!

rich

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Hey ,
It is still barbecue and tee shirt weather here. How else do yo keep the beer cool!:cheers

Now that it has finally put some white down, I opened the sled trailer to find that some slime ripped off my entire suspension from my 700 Polaris. There are some real jerks out there!

rich
That's seriously messed up. Pretty sad a person needs to lock/chain/vault personal items just to keep a few people honest. Jerks is an understatement! Did you have the rear suspension out of it that they walked away with? I have a Polaris 700 too, don't have any spare parts tho....

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey ,

rich
insurance?

one word...upgrades! :cheers

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey ,

Now that it has finally put some white down, I opened the sled trailer to find that some slime ripped off my entire suspension from my 700 Polaris.
rich
I have a Polaris 700 too, don't have any spare parts tho....
You mean you threw the old parts away after you installed the ones you bought out East cheap.....:willy:

Seriously, Rich, that just big time sucks. Sounds like an inside job for someone to know what was in an enclosed trailer....:eek:

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
You mean you threw the old parts away after you installed the ones you bought out East cheap.....:willy:
Shhhhhhhh................

No, that still really sucks. I couldn't imagine opening the door and not seeing parts.......

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yeh, it does s_ck, but, you know, I try to look at all the good things in life. Health good, happily married 38 1/2 years, 3 great kids,healthy, 2 grandchildren healthy ( notice healthy is the key here!), have toys, ( that my wife likes me playing with)( I don't bother her), and still one sled ( a Polaris 4 stroke 700 turbo!) that is still complete!!!

As for an inside job, could be, but sleds are stored at my plant ( have been for 10 years ( even on an open trailer) and no one bothers them. I think ( because it happened to a friend one town south of here) that some idiots from either Lawrence or Haverhill, MA ( not the greatest cities in MA) drove up here and just scouted the area on the weekends, then planned a removal. I hope they worked their asses off getting this thing off, as I Loctite Red the entire carriage but good! They will get their come uppins' at some time, maybe into a tree when the track lock up!
Already contacted the insurance company, ( after I checked that I did pay the premium this year,,,, I did), Calling the Polaris dealer tomorrow to tell him I need everything "under the seat"!
The big thing is just the inconvenience this is. Otherwise, I guess I get a new M-10 suspension under this thing!

By the way Mitch, earlier in this thread you mentioned about how dangerous it is without electricity in the winter, what's electricity?:confused

Got to flip the burgers now, one side done!:seeya:

rich

·
Registered
275 Posts
Already talking to Polaris for a M-10 replacement. Like that suspension!

Insurance company already on notice, Just have to pick a time to drop off the sled. Let them do it, remember I am TMP Jr! It only goes in with 4 bolts, bit throw in the track replacement, and its kind of like adjusting windows in the GTO!

As for studs, I go with either 96 or 144. This one gets the 96!

By the way.....

To all Merry Christmas ( yes I said it!) and a Safe, Healthy and Happy New year!!!!:party:

Let next year be a great one for all of us!!!!!!

rich :seeya

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I have 96 studs on mine. I think it's plenty, but then again, I don't have the throttle mashed sliding around a corner. Been plowing snow for 4 days, now it's time to dig the sled out and get it started so I can go out and play. Had a bunch of rain Christmas morn. Should make for a good base on the trails...

·
Registered
275 Posts
No more snow of measure as of late. Haven't checked up north yet. Planning a 4-5 dayer to north of Quebec City for the middle of Jan.

Get this, just spoke to the Polaris shop. Can't order a M-10 suspension, have to order parts! Told them to give me two quotes, one for them to do all the work, and the other for a new 4 stroke! Like I got time to read the directions on putting that erector set together! :willy:

I drove a friends sled with g-d knows how many studs were on it, I think 100 pounds of carbide!, and it really was too agressive for me.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
WOW, am I glad that dumping didn't come up here. Hope everyone is able to get around by now and has power. Being without electricity in the winter is dangerous...:eek:
we just received 10 + inches of snow a few days ago. Between yesterday and today. it is all gone

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
we just received 10 + inches of snow a few days ago. Between yesterday and today. it is all gone
Wow, our snow won't be leaving for 3-4 MONTHS...:willy:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts