Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually nothing really fires me up. But this is one of the few things that does.

Pontiac: GTO | eBay

And if you email them about it, all they say is, "I have it listed down below." Whoppie-doo putz!!

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Once you let the bitterness show that's when they know they gotcha.

'My wife's a pain in the ass. She's always busting my friggin' agates. My daughter's married to a real loser bast**d and I got a rash so bad on my ass I can't even sit down. But you know me.
I can't complain.'

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
At least he didn't use the term "tribute car" or claim it was a "barn find." Those 2 things burn my butt to no end, not to mention "survivor".

I'm thing of making up some of my own terms, like "Mecca Find" - a collection of 5 or more collectible muscle cars found to be "barn finds" or "Muscle Car Archeology (MCA)" - the documents that provide the history & lineage of your muscle car used to get a higher return in resale. Do you have the MCA for your car? Goes with the PHS documents for your GTO. How about "Certified Concours Recreations (CCR)" by the Concours d' Elegance American Motor Club Society - clones & tribute cars that are done up to factory standards so as to be certified by the Society as being recreated in the same and exacting way a factory production muscle car would have rolled off the assembly line.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for your comments. I feel better now just to get it off my chest. I know there will be more of those listings, there's always 'clowns' oh I mean 'clones' out there. :grin2:
Pontiac Jim sounds like something that will eventually happen.:surprise:

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Hey if I put LeMans emblems on my GTO can I sell it as a TRIBUTE? lol

1967 Pontiac GTO GTO Tribute * NO RESERVE * 472 Big Block * | eBay

You don't even need to do that, keep the GTO emblems on your GTO, install magnetic sticky Lemans emblems to overlay the GTO emblems and tell people it is a factory build and a 1-off special order photo shoot car used in magazines articles of the day which makes the car either a Lemans or a GTO depending on what spread was being written - VERY RARE CAR.

The 472 is a Caddy engine and not a Big Block, but I would have gone for the 500CI Caddy instead. Slipping transmission? I see plating on the rusted out frame and being from NY, it's probably a rust bucket once you were to strip it down and go for a frame-up rebuild/resto. How much do you want to invest? I wonder if the guy has a "local" bridge for sale as well.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
You don't even need to do that, keep the GTO emblems on your GTO, install magnetic sticky Lemans emblems to overlay the GTO emblems and tell people it is a factory build and a 1-off special order photo shoot car used in magazines articles of the day which makes the car either a Lemans or a GTO depending on what spread was being written - VERY RARE CAR.

The 472 is a Caddy engine and not a Big Block, but I would have gone for the 500CI Caddy instead. Slipping transmission? I see plating on the rusted out frame and being from NY, it's probably a rust bucket once you were to strip it down and go for a frame-up rebuild/resto. How much do you want to invest? I wonder if the guy has a "local" bridge for sale as well.
I doubt he had the Brooklyn Bridge to sell seeing as he is form Quebec:surprise:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts