Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Sooo, kiddees...the ECU or PCM will not relearn a CAI PDQ, if not ASAP. If not, you're SOL, and that's decidedly NFG.

·
Registered
316 Posts
will this work on the new LS2 engine? I have a custom intake that allows more air than the K&N and the NewEra, when we were testing it the ECU/PCM sensed the extra air and just started dumping in extra fuel to make up for the extra air. Does this somewhat work inplace of a tune until one can be proformed?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Braman'sGTO said:
will this work on the new LS2 engine? I have a custom intake that allows more air than the K&N and the NewEra, when we were testing it the ECU/PCM sensed the extra air and just started dumping in extra fuel to make up for the extra air. Does this somewhat work inplace of a tune until one can be proformed?
It seems to be a pretty universal thing for GM so I'd guess it will work on an LS2. The red fuse part might be 04 only I don't know (it's really just an easy way to kill power to the PCM only). But the put the key in run and unhook the battery is very universal to GM.

It's not going to be anything nearly as good as a tune. I'd think of it more like getting rid of the cars bad habits.

I read a lot about this on the Aussie boards a year ago. A guy also put up a page about it here: http://www.mytired.com/cars/index.htm?page=car_rset.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts