Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won't waste too much breath or too much of your time on this one. The S2000 picked a fight with me. Tail gated me for a bit, then darted around me and got in front of me and eventually over back into the right lane. I got up beside him and he took off on me when the front of my car got to maybe where the back of his door meets the rear quarter panel. I hurt his feelings. After slowing down a bunch to try and let him catch back up to me so I could do the head nod and wave, he got off on an exit in the middle of the Bay and finished his drive to the Eastern Shore on the causeway, while I looked down on him from the bayway laughing. Stupid Hondas...

·
Registered
336 Posts
ha ha very nice how much did you pull on him before you let off.. oh by the way if he had momentum built on you already and you still blew him off the road thats how you know his car is slow ha ha

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My buddy at work said to watch out for them. Said they rev crazy high, like 8,000 rpms or something. They like to put turbos on them. I don't know, if this guy had a turbo I would think that he would've kept up with me better then he did. I've never raced one stock, don't know how much I would've beat him then. The goat's got 455 rwhp and 415 rw trq now, so obviously the race was a little lop sided. As far as how hard did I pull him goes, when I stomped it, it was just like passing up some Sunday driver on the highway on your way to work. I let off at 140. My car shifts from 3rd into drive between 141-143. That's my reminder that I'm going stupid fast and to let off the go peddle. He was way way way back there at 140, lol.

·
Registered
944 Posts
That's too funny because he probably thought he was really going to blow by you. With your numbers, I'm sure he had a good 'oh shyat' look on his face. You know he had hurt feeling to not even come up to you again.

:party:

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Julie's HHR SS stock runs dead even with a stock S2000. I was shocked.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Reving to 8000rpms don't mean chit. Smaller engines can rev that high because of the short stroke. They have to rev that high to make horsepower.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you cant say all hondas are bad DUSTYMINPIN, i have a 91 honda crx that will sleep on most gto's! Although i am selling the honda for a 06 gto!!!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My sister has a Honda CRV. Very nice sturdy little suv. I'm just saying Hondas need to know their place in this world, is all. Not like they're running like an EVO or an STI, factory out of the box.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
You can make an LS2 wind out to 8000 with the right lifters & pushrods...

The Saturn Vue I just bought for my wife has an outsourced 3.5 Honda V6 in it, the L66. It has Vtec too from what little I've read, but it peaks 250/242 between 4500-5500 like a normal motor. Have I felt the "VTEC kick in yo"? No. But it does pass a string of 3 cars pretty good. My only beef is that the ECU architecture is different and therefore not supported by HPTuners for me to tweak. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
84 Posts
you cant say all hondas are bad DUSTYMINPIN, i have a 91 honda crx that will sleep on most gto's! Although i am selling the honda for a 06 gto!!!
Unlikely, have you ever raced an ls2 gto with it?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Unlikely, have you ever raced an ls2 gto with it?
I know I'm going to regret asking this and this question will probably result in a 3 page flame fest but why would a properly built/turboed CRX be worried about racing a LS2 GTO? obiviouslly stock for stock there no competition. But there are plenty of heavily modded hondas roaming the streets. At least there is here in Jersey.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Late 80s-mid 90's CRXs can be decieving. Typically though, I've noticed there are obvious signs of heavy modification like being 90% gutted inside and usually a big friggin intercooler stuffed behind the bumper that looks a little out of place.

I've also noticed the guys with "rice" that have crazy fast machines drive the most aged/average looking cars, rather than look-fancy stuff. Props for that, I say.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know I'm going to regret asking this and this question will probably result in a 3 page flame fest but why would a properly built/turboed CRX be worried about racing a LS2 GTO? obiviouslly stock for stock there no competition. But there are plenty of heavily modded hondas roaming the streets. At least there is here in Jersey.
I see what you getting at but I also see quite a few that slap on a turbo and big intercooler bailing wired behind the front bumper that call themselves tuners. Takes alot of work to make them fast and reliable, see alot of them at the track from around here that have alot of work done to them and not many break 14s and if they do they pop the motor or tranny and scatter oil across the track so the rest of us have to wait for the officials to clean up the track. If its true i give him props just would like to see the proof.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
You can make an LS2 wind out to 8000 with the right lifters & pushrods...
Takes alot more than that. Con rods won't take that, oil pump. The oil system will not keep up. You'll need the engine blueprinted. Plus dual spring maybe even tripple springs. Con rods will want to streech apart.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
I doubt anyone in their right mind pouring that kind of money/seriousness into the motor would cut corners like that if they expected it to last more than 2 minutes. Though there are some people...

If I'm not mistaken, our rods are sintered, and not cast, correct?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"Powdered metal" according to GM, whatever the hell that means, shot peened maybe? No, they are not forged, gotta go aftermarket for that route, or blow big bucks on Z06 titanium rods.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts