Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have hard lines now for both supply and return
Someone mentioned not being able to use these lines
when converting to EFI (holley sniper kit etc)
Why couldnt you re use factory lines? Too small?
What size lines would in need?
Thank you!

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was wondering as I saw someone on another forum using a pressure regulator I believe with the same size steel lines that I have. I have 3/8 supply and 5/16 return
Not sure how steel lines would have a problem with 30+ pounds of pressure was just wondering if they were big enough

· Registered
1,500 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering as I saw someone on another forum using a pressure regulator I believe with the same size steel lines that I have. I have 3/8 supply and 5/16 return
Not sure how steel lines would have a problem with 30+ pounds of pressure was just wondering if they were big enough
Are you planning to just add an electric pump in-line with the existing tank? Typically, fuel injected cars will need a baffled tank to make sure the pick up never pulls air. This would be a great time to replace the tank with an in tank pump for a clean install. Added bonus is I think the FI tank for the A bodies is bigger than the stocker unit. The steel lines would probably be fine, but isn't there a short rubber line that attaches to the pick up in the tank? I'm honestly asking, I've never had to drop the tank on mine. If there is, my guess an upstream electric pump could collapse that.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you planning to just add an electric pump in-line with the existing tank? Typically, fuel injected cars will need a baffled tank to make sure the pick up never pulls air. This would be a great time to replace the tank with an in tank pump for a clean install. Added bonus is I think the FI tank for the A bodies is bigger than the stocker unit. The steel lines would probably be fine, but isn't there a short rubber line that attaches to the pick up in the tank? I'm honestly asking, I've never had to drop the tank on mine. If there is, my guess an upstream electric pump could collapse that.
I would use a Tanks Inc EFI tank and an in tank pump.
Think I have short rubber hoses on each end of the fuel lines.
Need to replace them with braided hose OR?

· Registered
1,500 Posts
Those rubber lines would be the issue. The steel lines themselves should be fine. Connecting to them may be tricky. I'd go with what @IceBolt said on this. He's gone through this already. I've considered the conversion but am currently still running a carb.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those rubber lines would be the issue. The steel lines themselves should be fine. Connecting to them may be tricky. I'd go with what @IceBolt said on this. He's gone through this already. I've considered the conversion but am currently still running a carb.
Yes, I think there has to be some way to connect to them. They do that with brake lines where they cut the steel lines and then connect to them with braided so I’m wondering why this is any different hopefully there’s a way to connect them.

· Registered
729 Posts
You just need some Earls AN to flare fittings and a couple short lengths of modern fuel friendly braided hosing. Steel lines are way better than the ptfe hose that comes with the sniper kits, so if you have nice hard lines all the way use em! You may also have to splice in some braided AN hose at the throttle body unless your current hard lines line up perfect.
check out Evil Energyon Amazon. They sell all that stuff at 50% of what the speed shops do. Quality product, I’ve used it for trans lines and remote oil filter relocation (and will when I do my EFI conversion as well)

· Registered
75 Posts
like ice said the system runs 55 to 60 psi and requires the use of an fittings for the pump filters and regulator and i dont know if you can adapt the steel lines to an but the steel lines can take the hi pressure its just the fittings and the high pressure hose needed if you were to hook it up to your steel lines and there is a joint somewhere with a rubber splice in it you will blow it out and they are looking at old cars with half rusted out lines or wring sized ones

1 - 11 of 11 Posts