Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really interested in getting a GTO in the next few days. Reading around here and there in this forum, it seems that GTO's are palgued with electrical issues.

Am I getting the wrong impression?

Tony

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
kllrvet said:
I am really interested in getting a GTO in the next few days. Reading around here and there in this forum, it seems that GTO's are palgued with electrical issues.

Am I getting the wrong impression?

Tony
i hate to say it but its true :rolleyes: a lot of us have the safety mode due to the gas pedal needing to be replaced. i still love my goat and u cant get me out of it

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have an 04 and really haven't had any problems with mine. I know I don't have the pedal sensor so if that's what you are refering to its not a fair comparison. Hard to recommend one over the other, but if you like the car get it. This is the best car I've had.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah, there's a drive-by-wire issue with some 05's (not mine...knock on wood). And I think the 04's had a gauge issue that's been long resolved. I don't know of any other gremlins...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have read about the gas pedal sensor, gauge issues, power seat track issues, miscellaneous unknown beeping, haveing to turn the key three times in order for the car to start, turn signal fuses blowing, etc.

I really want one of these cars, but some of this stuff sounds like a problem. Especially when repairs take 30+ days to be completed.

Tony

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
kllrvet said:
I have read about the gas pedal sensor, gauge issues, power seat track issues, miscellaneous unknown beeping, haveing to turn the key three times in order for the car to start, turn signal fuses blowing, etc.
The thing is that folks post on here to make others aware of their problems and to seek solutions for them. The folks whose cars are perfect usually don't come out and start a thread saying "hey, my has no issues -- is that normal?"

As for my car -- it has been perfect (tap on the side of my head -- close enough to wood for me).

·
Registered
115 Posts
The only problem I ever had was with the gauges. I took it to the dealer and all it needed was a software update. I know some of the 05's are having problems with the gas pedal and some are running rich, but that is what warrenties are for. Get the GTO, you will be happy you did. You get a 400hp, high quality car for $32,000 or less. :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
well I just hit 2400mi and my first and only issue is the right turn signal flashes really fast like one of the bulbs is blown but all are in perfect condition but when I wiggle on the harness it flashes normal, could this be a pesky ground somewhere? anyway ill let the warranty fix it

·
Registered
49 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
The thing is that folks post on here to make others aware of their problems and to seek solutions for them. The folks whose cars are perfect usually don't come out and start a thread saying "hey, my has no issues -- is that normal?"

As for my car -- it has been perfect (tap on the side of my head -- close enough to wood for me).
I agree with b_a, every forum will point out a car's weakness and most cars have problems that need to be sorted out by a percentage of owners. I don't think I have read anything here that would have kept me from buying my car. If wou want to see a car with major problems, check out forums for the Nissan 350Z and see what 03 and 04 owners went through with the list of problems they had.

I think most of us find the car to be pretty reliable and well put together. A forum like this makes it easier to deal with problems as they come up.

After spending a lot of time on this forum I just smiled the first time my speedo went to 200MPH while sitting in traffic because I knew what it was and there was already a fix available.

·
Registered
937 Posts
NT91 said:
You should not have to fix anything on a new car. I would demand better.
True, but thats not reality. Every car I have ever bought, be it foreign or domestic, I had to make a list and take it back after the first couple weeks for some clean up. As long as cars are designed by humans, and built by humans they will never be perfect.

·
Registered
49 Posts
NT91 said:
You should not have to fix anything on a new car. I would demand better.
I used to think that too. But the reality is that it has never been true for cars. Some models are better than others and some manufacturers try harder to address them.

But a car is still a machine with moving parts that break. If you buy enough new cars in your life you will eventually run into problems. Some small, some big.

That's why they sell them with a warranty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.