1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having electrical trouble with recently purchased and restored 1970 GTO

I dont know much about electrical.

No power to: Gas gauge, instrument lights, blower motor

I replaced fuse to blower with no results.

Any help appreciated?

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Did you check the dash fuses in the fuse box? I think there is one labeled instrument panel, or something close.
Do you have and/or know how to use a dvm? (digital volt meter)
Russ

·
Registered
704 Posts
electrical trouble 1970 GTO

none of these circuits are in common with one another. Doubt if you know there is no power to gas gauge. Gauge not working is not a power issue usually. Dash? lights or do you mean instrument idiot? lights? Dash are usually ground issues. Blower motor varies if AC or non AC. Look in factory service manual for first hand info. Best source of detail. Then from there can better answer any questions. Need more detail on each item.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did replace all fuses.

Gas gauge read FULL all the time,

Instrument lights all 3 pods are out.

The car does have AC

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
electrical trouble 1970 GTO

none of these circuits are in common with one another. Doubt if you know there is no power to gas gauge. Gauge not working is not a power issue usually. Dash? lights or do you mean instrument idiot? lights? Dash are usually ground issues. Blower motor varies if AC or non AC. Look in factory service manual for first hand info. Best source of detail. Then from there can better answer any questions. Need more detail on each item.
Not idiot, illumination for guages out

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
The gas gauge problem may be a missing ground wire from the sending unit on the tank to the chassis. Try grounding the wire at the tank that goes to the gauge and see if it changes the fuel level indicator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts