Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just bought a used 04 Gto drove one week. The passenger door lock did not work and the dome lights did not work. I am told by the dealer there is a short so now the interior is completly torn apart. My question is has anyone else had any electrical shorts in the interior. Thanks JOE

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same circuit short out. The body harness was rubbing somewhere behind the glovebox. Even though I told them where to look twice, the tech didn't believe me until he opened the glovebox and shorted out the fuse himself. The tech covered the harness and the metal brace it was rubbing on with wire loom. No problems since the fix.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Dome light is funky too. My door lights work, but my reading lamps are very inconsistant. My dealer has fixed it once but it came back. He ordered a new dome light on Monday. My GTO badge on my driver side is peeling slightly too. He also ordered a new badge.

·
Registered
590 Posts
NT91 said:
I would like to get a GTO, but all these issues. Yall are scaring me.
Go get a mercedes, or mustang and see how many issues you get.

GTO's overall and GM have a low rate of problems.

Some, reported here, may by chronic, but percentage is small.

:seeya:

·
Registered
229 Posts
The drivers side seat back will not tilt forward OR backward.

They replaced both switches but still not working......I never even got to drive it out of the showroom.........

Mabe its one of the electric motors? Since they have never replaced one, they are trying to find out how to get into the back of the front drivers sea to take a look see..

Suggestions?

Sound like more issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.