Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Email Traffic With GM Car Czar Bob Lutz Re: The GTO

5K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  jontyrees 
You guys are giving the F-bodys a bad rap, Ive driven and owned them since the late 60s. For the cost theres no comp. I now own a 99 Z/28 which i purchased new. I wasnt extremely fond of the excessively sloped windshield and hatchback design, but when they dropped the LS1 in them, for the price it the way to go. With a 6spd, the 1LE suspension , no t-tops and no power accs its an awesome car. Its not luxurious and i didnt want a overweight musclecar. GTO?. Go to LS1 .com see what these cars are capable of. Labor disputes in canada is the only reason there not in production.Actually this was my 1st Camaro, ive always owned Trans Ams or Goats, but i couldnt get a stripper Firebird like i wanted in 99. I really like the new GTO , the Ls2 powertrain etc, with the exception of the rear end styling. Those quarterpanels have got to go. So I understand this was some kind of hack job from downunder GM had no choise to keep all the extra equip. GM should try getting back to basics, ie when you could order a car with as much or as little bling as you prefer, And stop trying to be a half priced BMW. Geez id like to add a GTO to my garage but for the price im thinking 02-04 Z06?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.