Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Email Traffic With GM Car Czar Bob Lutz Re: The GTO

5K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  jontyrees 
Tom said:
I got a call about a week ago from GM asking how i liked the car. the caller knew the car, had insight, and asked what i wanted changed. I said get rid of the passenger electric seat because of the baby seat, add memory to the drivers seat and screw the damn shift knob on.

he asked about the exhaust, i said i didnt care, told me how they rushed an 04 intro to celebrate 40 years (i thought 30! ;) ) etc.

Overall this has been a very pleasurable ownership/lease experience. much better than the first 2.5 years of my Aurora!!!
I had a similar experience last week. Polite young man, very knowledgable aboujt the GTO called and asked what I would change. Told him not much, maybe a bigger trunk and a different front fascia that didn't resemble a Grand Am. He said that was part of what made it such a sleeper. I told him I viewed it as half-price BMW 645. He said there was talk in GM of losing the back seat and making it a two seat coupe at some point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.